cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joao123
Frequent Visitor

Date String to Date format "dd/mm/yyyy" when different user's settings for read date are used.

Hello,

I have a huge problem that I cannot figure out a solution, that is why I'm asking for your help.

I created a data base in sharepoint, where some dates are strings instead of datetype (it has to be this way). The problem is when users with different date setting are using the APP, some with the default setting of "dd/mm/yyyy", see the date in the datepickers alright, because it is the format saved in sharepoint, in other hand, the users with the default settings of "mm/dd/yyyy" see the date all wrong.

I don't know how to fix this, but I think I have a few options, but in all of them I have some questions:

Option 1 - Asking every user to change the defaults setting to format "dd/mm/yyyy" 

Definitions and privacy:

joao123_0-1631013264558.png

I tried change here, but the problem still persists. Probably the settings should be change somewhere else, but I don't know where.

2 Option - Having some way to tell powerapps that the date string is in the "dd/mm/yyyy" format, forcing the powerapps to read that way.

Maybe there is another option, please feel free to add some more.
I really need your help.

Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-bofeng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @joao123 :

Please try:

DateValue("08/09/2021","da-DK")

I think this link will help you a lot:

DateValue

Best Regards,

Bof

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-bofeng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @joao123 :

Please try:

DateValue("08/09/2021","da-DK")

I think this link will help you a lot:

DateValue

Best Regards,

Bof

Thank you @v-bofeng-msft  it works now. I was doing this all wrong. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,316)