cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper IV
Helper IV

Date/Time Buttons

On power apps, I've been trying to work out how an employee can click on the clock in/clock out button but the only issue seen in the first two images is that the dates gotten are being shown in the preview seen in the second image. The thing is that I have a date and time column on the SharePoint list and on power apps I removed it and replaced it with the button and text input that would display date/time, so now the collected times aren't being shown on the field, I want that the date/time inputs are shown in the respective columns in the clockin/out list. I've tried with using the date and time field on my apps alongside the button without the text inputs but the formulas I've been using aren't correct because I've just been getting errors and red crosses as you can see in the last image.

If I can get some advice that would be very helpful, I've been struggling with this date/time issue for the past week now. 

I'm just trying to see which works best for end users. 

Screenshot (24).pngScreenshot (22).pngScreenshot (29).png

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Re: Date/Time Buttons

@SandraAkujobi ,

Can you please reference this post or we will be starting from the beginning.

You have not shown the error code on this post (refer the last post).

Have you changed your control names in to the names ClockInDay, ClockInHour and ClockInMinute as suggested in my post. If not, then you will certainly get an error.

If I cannot solve this quickly, I will be happy to tag a couple of my colleagues.

Helpful resources

Announcements
August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Super Users Coming in August

We are excited for the next Super User season.

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,863)