Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mhenderlight
Helper III
Helper III

Date/Time data not showing up

Hi,

I have a canvas app that connect to an Excel table shared on OneDrive that contains a Date/Time field that comes from an MS Form.  When I try to display this column in a DataTable of a screen, it never shows any data even though there is data in the Excel table.

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mhenderlight
Helper III
Helper III

Yes, you understand the scenario correctly.  I just bailed on Excel and moved to SharePoint lists and everything works fine now.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-qiaqi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi@mhenderlight,

Based on the issue that you mentioned, do you want to display Date/Time field in the DataTable ?

Could you please tell me that if only the Date/Time field in unable to display or all the fields are unable to see?

Have you connected the OneDriveForBusiness to your App?

I have a test on my side, please take a try as below.

1). Click the "New Form" tab in MS Form page and name the form

2). Click the "Add New" in Questions tab to add columns

3). Click the "Preview" to add response, submit

4). Click the "open in excel", and then you will get a same table in the Excel

5). Move the exported excel table into your OneDriveForBusiness

If all the fields in the excel table are unable to display in the DataTable, please make sure that you have save your exported excel table on OneDrive.

2021-03-18-01.png2021-03-18-02.png

Hope it could help you.

Regards,

Qi

Best Regards,
Qi
mhenderlight
Helper III
Helper III

When I try the test above, all columns show up except the data/time columns.  Same as my app.  Note that I am using the automatically generated fields by MS Forms, Start time and Completion time, not questions in the Form that are of type Date/Time.

mhenderlight_0-1616079949141.png

Hi@mhenderlight,

Do you mean that you could not display the automatically generated field 'Completion time' in PowerApps?

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

I have a test and the situation is confirmed on my side that the automatically generated field 'Completion time' displays well in my Power Apps app.

Here is my exported excel table shared on OneDriveForBusiness.

2021-03-22-01.png

And here is the available fields I can add to the DataTable:

2021-03-22-02.png

Could you please change another browser to try again.

If the above could not solve your problem, please consider contacting our Support Team.

Hope it could help you.

Regards,

Qi

Best Regards,
Qi
mhenderlight
Helper III
Helper III

Yes, you understand the scenario correctly.  I just bailed on Excel and moved to SharePoint lists and everything works fine now.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Users online (3,015)