cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Date Time field different between PowerBI and PowerApp

Hello Community Experts, 

I am having some trouble resolving an issue with a PowerApp that is embedded into a PBI report. The issue is that when I am viewing the data in a PBI table, I can see the timestamp displayed correctly. But, in the PowerApp, the time associated with the date is defaulting to 12:00. I am certain this will be an easy fix, but to make things a bit weirder, when I go to edit the PowerApp, the time values appear as I would expect. Please see the screenshots below for some examples and let me know if you have any questions. Thank you. 

#Showing the PowerBI report where the PowerApp is embedded

DakotaPerryman_1-1625061654570.png

#PowerApp in powerapp studio where I am making changes to the tool. As you can see, the 9:21 is displayed

DakotaPerryman_2-1625061721744.png

# Formula for the date formatting in the gallery

DakotaPerryman_0-1625061620594.png

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any ideas on how to resolve this issue would be great. Doesn't have to be right, but I am running out of options. Since I posted this morning I have been trying different date formats and none have been correct. I even created a new TIMESTAMP column in my datasource so that I know it's not because I am using a date field. 

DakotaPerryman_0-1625073278892.png

ssinghan

I am facing the same issue, Date Time field is correct in PBI report and when going to PowerApps Studio but while displaying in integrated report, it always show as 12:00 AM for time. Any solution to this ?

VMahapa1

Hi All, 

I am facing the same issue , in power Bi dataset I have timestamp in IST which includes starttime (2021-09-02T04:17:20.7266600) and endtime(2021-09-02T04:17:24.8297400) as my end user is in IST Zone.

When taking the same dataset to power app, BI integration is showing me the correct data set using which created a canvas app to interact with the power bi visual created and published in BI service ( having PPC P1 license).

But, once the canvas app is published to the BI service , it is not showing me correct time ( Date u\is fine) but it is showing time as 12 :00 AM or 12:00 PM. This is not allowing me to interact with the visual created with the data set in power bi service

whereas , the same filter is getting applied to the power app.

I have data set where the status changes very frequently i.e. with the difference of microseconds too.

Please provide suggestions to overcome the issue.

For any queries on the above problem , please let me know.

Regards,

Varsha

rajat-kul2110

Hello, I am facing the same issue, any updates on this?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Users online (1,341)