cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hayden
Advocate I
Advocate I

Date Time field submitting to SharePoint list 1 hour behind

We have noticed a problem today where date/time fields submitted by a Power App to a Sharepoint list are submitted as an hour behind what was selected.  We are on Eastern Standard time and daylight savings time was this morning.  This problem just started today.  This is happening on multiple apps.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Right, this only happened on daylight saving start and end dates.  so example, if your date is Mar 8, 2020 or Nov 1, 2020, this happens.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @hayden ,

The same has just happened to us. The time zone on the PC is one hour out from the time zone on the SharePoint site.

For instance (I am in Australia) the SharePoint site is on Brisbane time (no daylight saving) and our SOE is on Sydney (with DS).

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

ZoeYau

It happened to me as well. 

The controls on my canvas app included 1 date picker with TimeZone set to Local, 1 dropdown for Hours (from 00 to 23), and 1 dropdown for Minutes (from 00 to 59).  The default Update property is
DateValue1.SelectedDate + Time(Value(HourValue1.Selected.Value), Value(MinuteValue1.Selected.Value), 0)

so I use the same for Patch function.  But it saved to SharePoint 1 hour off for Daylight saving start and end dates.

I changed it to 
DateTimeValue(DateValue1.SelectedDate & " " & HourValue1.Selected.Value & ":" & MinuteValue1.Selected.Value,"en-US")

This seems to work for me.

hayden
Advocate I
Advocate I

This seems to have resolved itself on Monday November 2nd.

Right, this only happened on daylight saving start and end dates.  so example, if your date is Mar 8, 2020 or Nov 1, 2020, this happens.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,608)