cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sikuness
Frequent Visitor

Date & Time from excel data source not showing gallery

Hi Guys & Gals,

I have been building an interactive table using gallery in my powerapps. The datasource is an excel business online workbook. I am able to pull all text fields in no problem, but whenever I try pulling in a date or a time field it just gives me blank data. 

I have also tried using the text formula (text(thisitem.date,"dd/mmm/yy")) but nothing works. I have provided couple of screenshots, after googling this I am still unable to figure out a solution. 

sikuness_0-1623257636646.png

sikuness_1-1623257665806.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dyee
Resolver II
Resolver II

In my experience, PowerApps doesn't handle date fields from Excel very well.  I'd suggest switching your datasource to a sharepoint list (upload the excel document there) or make number columns using the same data and recreate it in PowerApps.  

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
dyee
Resolver II
Resolver II

In my experience, PowerApps doesn't handle date fields from Excel very well.  I'd suggest switching your datasource to a sharepoint list (upload the excel document there) or make number columns using the same data and recreate it in PowerApps.  

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@sikuness 

It is imperative that your Excel columns that contain date information be formatted as Date Cells.  If this is not specifically stated and met in your Excel file, then PowerApps will not convert correctly from the date in the cells.

What is most concerning is that your table appears to have differences in something in the bottom 4 cells in your list.  These type of things can be impactful as to how PowerApps recognizes the date.

RandyHayes_0-1623264429522.png

Please recheck all of your column formats.  Remove the Column that PowerApps generates in the sheet.

Remove the datasource from your app and then add it back in once the above is complete.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!
sikuness
Frequent Visitor

@dyee I was hoping to avoid this, but yeah gone with this option. So more work with power automate to get data into excel. Not worth spending time trying to get excel to work. 

Hi, having same issue. All date data from Excel is not appearing in PowerApps.

As part of testing I created a simple Excel table with a few columns set to date (short date format) and in PowerApps created a sample canvas app with varying objects (form, data list, gallery). When adding fields to these objects, it is recognizing the Excel columns as dates because the automated controls that are applied in PowerApps have calendars but when viewing the data records, the date fields are always empty.

Please help! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (4,277)