cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NHGA
Advocate I
Advocate I

Date and Number Format suddenly US/American in all apps - Problem in Poland, France, Sweden etc.

Hi,

There are a few different new tickets from today on this topic, but I want to highlight it as well.

From today (possibly yesterday) all our apps are defaulting to US/American locale/format for dates and numbers.

We normally have Swedish settings, so YYYY-MM-DD and 1 000,50.

This now shows as D/M/Y and 1,000.50.

I would of course appreciate if someone (from Microsoft?) comes up with a better solution than "go into each and every object and change the format to Swedish".

NHGA_0-1610015356948.png

In Studio-mode (create.powerapps.com) the format still looks correct (from a Swedish perspective):

NHGA_1-1610015367643.png

Kind regards

Niklas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
NHGA
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi all,

The temporary solution Microsoft came up with was reverting back the authoring version:

"This is to inform you that our internal team is still investigating the root cause and yet to get their response on resolution. They confirmed that this is broken in the version 3.20122.13 and after that, they suggested to manually select the past version to 3.20122.13 in settings should mitigate the issue." 

According to Microsoft this is done under Settings > Support

In my Swedish version it was done under Konto/Account

Not an optimal solution (I have 20+ apps), but at least it did the job for the most urgent and well used apps.

My understanding is that Microsoft will release a proper solution although I don't know the time estimate for that.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HKJ

I am having the exact same problem in Danish. I hope for a solution soon.

Kinds regards, Henrik

I have submitted this as a regular support ticket with Microsoft as well now. Will keep you updated on any response from them.

timl
Super User
Super User

@NHGA - Thank you for submitting this as a support ticket. Hopefully, Microsoft will fix this problem soon.

NHGA
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi all,

The temporary solution Microsoft came up with was reverting back the authoring version:

"This is to inform you that our internal team is still investigating the root cause and yet to get their response on resolution. They confirmed that this is broken in the version 3.20122.13 and after that, they suggested to manually select the past version to 3.20122.13 in settings should mitigate the issue." 

According to Microsoft this is done under Settings > Support

In my Swedish version it was done under Konto/Account

Not an optimal solution (I have 20+ apps), but at least it did the job for the most urgent and well used apps.

My understanding is that Microsoft will release a proper solution although I don't know the time estimate for that.

View solution in original post

RameshMukka
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

@NHGA I am having a problem on PowerApps which is close to yours. I have regional settings of my SharePoint site, both Locale and Time zone to Sweden. I have a PowerApps with number field. Somehow the numbers are formatted as Swedish after submitting to SharePoint.

I have Text Input in PowerApps for number input. Having it number only not allowing users to enter ',' as decimal separator but allows '.' without problem. How can I let PowerApps allow ',' as decimal separator by default.

You shouldn't have to use Text input to be able to allow "," as decimal separator.

My entire Office.com environment is set to Swedish locale and number format is handled "correctly" from a Swedish perspective.

NHGA_0-1613060911490.png

I also believe that you could actually be on another locale and fill in e.g. 1000.01 and once it saved to SharePoint it would show there as 1000,01.

The only thing you will not be able to do is to have Swedish end users set up with e.g. US locale and then fill in 1000,00.

Kind regards

Niklas

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,881)