Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
akbarmahfuzalam
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Date and Time

Hello Team,

I'm stuck here and need aid from the community.

I have three text fields: StartTime, EndTime, and TotalTimeSpend.

I'm referring to form as form1.

When I select the status field as Production, Break, or any entry, I want the Starttime to take the current date and time, and when I submitform(form1), it should get the End date and time, as well as the total time spent in HH:MM:SS:

Starttime= DataCardValue5

Endtime = DataCardValue6

TotalTimeSpend= DataCardValue7

Data is storing in Sharepoint List name TimeTracker.

akbarmahfuzalam_1-1641839483971.png

akbarmahfuzalam_0-1641839071933.png

14 REPLIES 14

@RandyHayes 

I mean to say here is when i Select any entry from the dropdown (production, break, end, etc) The StartTime need to be saved and then when i click the save button then only Endtime capture the current date and time and form can be reset

@RandyHayes 

Not getting the App work. What need to be done here. Any changes in SP list you suggest to do to get the end result

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@akbarmahfuzalam 

I've not forgotten you!!  

Can you describe the logic you have for these entries?  You seem to indicate that each record will record one particular status with a start and end time.  Is Start time supposed to be determined when the form is open and end time when it is saved?  Or is there something else?

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

@RandyHayes 

Nope it's not that. I have used flow to tigger that starttime and endtime.

But now I tried to implement your video of timestamp which you have posted in YouTube. I tried to implement the same logic in new screen. With when new user come and press button the time stamp that and when end it captures the end time but the condition would be like . If it's less than 9:30 hrs then it should give a message as it's less than 9:30 hours and wants reason for early logout in some text field and then submit

akbarmahfuzalam
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

@RandyHayes 

Help is required

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,542)