cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ramya24
Regular Visitor

Date and time Column and Refresh Function

Hi Team,

1) I am using Date and time in Powerapps as powerapps is not able to store the correct value what users are entering in the form we have store the data and time column into a single line of text and calculated value to store in SharePoint list. It is working fine without daylight savings, but when we consider Daylight Savings it doesn't store the correct value what users enters. 
2) We are using calendar to display the events ,hence date and time datatype column has to be used to display in calendar but as discussed in the above point ,date and time column value is not correct.

3) Refresh function code is effecting the comments data ,we need both the functionality (refresh function and Comments) but we are able to use either of them , If we have comments code then refresh wont work and vice versa.

Request you to please suggest on the above issues.

Regards,

Ramya

6 REPLIES 6
WarrenBelz
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @Ramya24 ,

Is your SharePoint site on the same time settings as your local PCs?

We had this issue last year when the PCs went to Daylight savings and SharePoint did not.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Ramya24
Regular Visitor

Hi WarrenBelz,

Thank you for your response!

I have set my site regional settings to UTC +10 Brisbane (Australia). My Local PC is in UTC+5:30
We have clients from different location in Australia like Adelaide, Darwin, Broken Hill.
Can you please suggest me the solution.

Regards,

Ramya

@Ramya24 ,

I can relate to the Queensland issue as that is where I am, however our issue was that our PCs were synchronized with a server in Sydney, which has Daylight Savings (which Qld does not) and SharePoint was on Qld time.

You can try some manipulation with the TimeZoneOffset function, which returns the difference between the User's Power Apps  time and UTC.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Ramya24
Regular Visitor

Hi WarrenBelz,

Thank you for your response!
Can you please suggest any solution for Refresh function.

Regards,

Ramya

@Ramya24 ,

Please elaborate on the comments issue - Refresh simply updates the data source to the current state, but is generally not necessary if your field is connected directly to the data - it will refresh itself.

Hi @Ramya24 ,

Just checking if you got the result you were looking for on this thread. Happy to help further if not.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (69,796)