cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TammyGarris
Helper I
Helper I

Date changes when another user opens form

I am VERY new to PA and have learned everything by watching videos and reading message boards.  My app works really well, but for some reason I keep having a date issue.  My app is built to allow our MDs to audit patient charts when a NP is caring for the patient.   Basically, the MD logs into the app to answer 5 questions about a chart.  They grade it, sign off and the sign date is set to default to Today(). 

After the MD signs off, the NP gets an email that an audit has been done.  The NP logs into the app to their own screen and sees what the MD entered.  They also have to sign off and submit.  Both signature dates are supposed to store in respective fields in Excel.  For some reason, the original MDs signature is being changed to reflect whatever date the NP logs in.  Not an issue if they happen on the same day, but that is rare.  For example, one NP logged in today and signed off on audits done last week. However, the providers signature now says they did the audit today.  

My Excel spreadsheet is saved to OneDrive for Business and that is how it's being accessed from the APP.

I've also tried this without defaulting the date and it just erases the date the provider initially signed it.  I have the MD field set to disabled when the NP goes in to do their part, but that's not fixing the issue.  HELP!

23 REPLIES 23
RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@TammyGarris 

It should be on the DatePicker.  You should keep your Update properties as they are by default.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too!

Got it!  Only question is, do i add this to BOTH signature date pickers (MD and NP), Just the MD (first in workflow) DatePicker or JUST the final (NP) DatePicker?

RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@TammyGarris 

I am not seeing in your flow description of this app how you are distinguishing that the MD has signed off on it and that NOW the NP is signing off.

Ideally you would default the NP date based on the fact that there is no existing date and that there IS an existing date for the MD.

The problem with this logic is...if the MD goes in and does their bit and submits, your MD date will get Todays's date at that point in time.  Based on the formula I provided...this will not change in the future because now it has a date.

The problem comes in with the NP.  If we put the logic in that says when the NP signs off on it, then the NP date will populate with Today's date.  Currently the only logic I am getting from your app is that the MD uses it once and submits and then the NP uses it and submits.  However...what if the MD uses it and submits and then goes back to it and submits again?  In this case, the above logic would populate the NP date.

SO...10k$ question is...what distinguishes the user as the MD or NP and the fact that they are signing off on it?

If I can get that understood from your design, then we can just incorporate that into the datepicker.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
TammyGarris
Helper I
Helper I

Here's how it's set up.  My app has a gallery with TWO bucket options - New Reviews and Reassessments.

For New reviews: MD completes audit and signs/dates it.  Push notification goes to NP.  NP Reviews has two choices - Accept,Sign,date OR Request Secondary Review,Sign,date.  If the NP accepts, they sign and date and the process ends.  

IF the NP requests a secondary review, it goes into the MDs "Reassessment" dropdown.

Everything that has been done up until that point should be static.  The MD makes final notes and grades and a final sign with date happens.  This only happens in about 5% of audits.

In either drop down, once the system detects an MD signature, it leaves the gallery and the MD cannot get back to it unless I unlock it for them.

I have added some screen shots so maybe that will help.

There are two screens in the app.  One for MDs and one for APP (NP, PA, etc).  I have a secondary data source that identifies who is assigned to what role so the system knows what to populate for them.

RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@TammyGarris 

Based on your description, my next question would be over the date we are looking at (for the MD) - are we referring to different dates for the MD?  You mention the MD would go into New Reviews and then they have the option to "sign/date" it.  It then goes to NP.  If NP sends it back and MD makes final notes and grades and then does a final sign and date....is this the same date we are talking about??  That concept has not been incorporated into anything so far.

Also, for the NP, the concern I now have is over the fact that you mention they can "send it back".  If so, then you are NOT going to want to have that default to Today's date for the sign date...so there has to be some more logic for this.

TammyGarris
Helper I
Helper I

Ultimately, there can be three different dates captured.

The initial MD audit date, the NP date and the final MD date (when applicable).  The NP only has one opportunity to date and sign the document.  They are basically signing that they accept the results OR signing that they've read the results, taken action on some concern raised by the auditor, added comments and now would like the MD to re-review the work.  Once the MD does a secondary review, they sign date a third spot and the NP has no choice by to accept (no date or signature captured).  Each date operates on it's own because we don't want any of them to change.

TammyGarris
Helper I
Helper I

Here is the full form with all possible signature lines.....

RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@TammyGarris 

That is helpful!!

I would say that the Signature would be the determining factor for the date.  As in, the signature date should only be set once the signature is entered.  

Does this sound right?

If so, then your DefaultDate for your datepickers would be based on those textinput controls.

For example, the MD DefaultDate formula would be : Coalesce(Parent.Default, If(!IsBlank(datacardvalueForTheSignature.Text), Today()))

What the above does is...if the underlying record has a Date, then it will display that.  If it does not (blank), then IF the signature has a value (not blank), then it will use today's date.

Closer?

View solution in original post

TammyGarris
Helper I
Helper I

OK. I see that and it makes sense.  Do I set this same formula on each DefaultDate or does it only need to be set on the last date?

RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@TammyGarris 

This would be on each datepicker and it would be based on its associated signature control.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (85,916)