cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TammyGarris
Helper I
Helper I

Date changes when another user opens form

I am VERY new to PA and have learned everything by watching videos and reading message boards.  My app works really well, but for some reason I keep having a date issue.  My app is built to allow our MDs to audit patient charts when a NP is caring for the patient.   Basically, the MD logs into the app to answer 5 questions about a chart.  They grade it, sign off and the sign date is set to default to Today(). 

After the MD signs off, the NP gets an email that an audit has been done.  The NP logs into the app to their own screen and sees what the MD entered.  They also have to sign off and submit.  Both signature dates are supposed to store in respective fields in Excel.  For some reason, the original MDs signature is being changed to reflect whatever date the NP logs in.  Not an issue if they happen on the same day, but that is rare.  For example, one NP logged in today and signed off on audits done last week. However, the providers signature now says they did the audit today.  

My Excel spreadsheet is saved to OneDrive for Business and that is how it's being accessed from the APP.

I've also tried this without defaulting the date and it just erases the date the provider initially signed it.  I have the MD field set to disabled when the NP goes in to do their part, but that's not fixing the issue.  HELP!

23 REPLIES 23

you are glorious and if i wasn't married, I'd propose. 🙂

Thank you!!!!!

RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@TammyGarris 

LOL 😂😂 Too funny and too bad! 😂

I'm glad we finally got you to a solution! If you get a moment, go back and find which message solved the problem best for you and mark it as a solution so that other having the same issue can find a solution quickly too.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too!

welll....now I'm getting this error. 

TammyGarris_0-1615476919135.png

RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@TammyGarris 

What kind of column is SP Signature Data in your list?

What is your Update formula on that column datacard?

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (47,746)