cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
PierreGiusti Advocate II
Advocate II

Date difference between SQL Server 2012 and PowerApps - UCT?

Hi, I created database in SQL Server 2012 with a table who have fields type date and datetime, so when create an app from this table, PowerApps show the field date with null value and the field datetime with plus two hours than is store.

I am in developing with PA in the same environment as database server (same UTC)..

For example, this image show de data on SQL Server, the firs line is 02/06/2017 – 08:00:00.000

Database image:

Image SQLServer.png

PowerApps shows data from date time field (DS_FechaHoraDispon) with two hours difference and don’t show data from date field (DS_Fecha), however, when create a record in SQL Server save exactly the value informed in a date picker. I think, if this case was a UTC issue, when PA save data must increase two hours.

PowerApps image:

Image PowerApps.png

Another problem is that I need filter data with > and < signs, so when try to use string fied and convert to datetimevalue the filter don’t work properly.

Filter('[dbo].[RS_DisponSala]';DateTimeValue(Text(Ds_FechaHoraDisponTxt)) > Today()+5)

If I use DateTime field the filters with > and < works properly.

Can you provide some help to solve this problem?

Thank you very much.

Pierre

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Date difference between SQL Server 2012 and PowerApps - UCT?

Hi @PierreGiusti,

I moved your thread into PowerApps forum.

It is a known issue about the Date field from SQL Server not displaying under PowerApps, see this thread for reference:

Date, DateTime, SQL Azure

Response from Staff erga:

"

There is currently a known issue with the Date field type for SQL Azure where the Date will not display on PowerApps. Our team has identified the issue and the fix should be out soon (within the next release or two). Please use DateTime in the meantime. 

Thanks,

Eric. Software Engineer. PowerApps Staff

"

And currently there is no updates on this.

For the two hours issue, check the following blog:

PowerApps Newest Feature Releases Address Top User Requests

For Option 5, Converting to and from UTC Format.

Use the function(TimeZoneOffset) mentioned to do modification with the DateTime queried from SQL Server (Local Time).

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @PierreGiusti,

I moved your thread into PowerApps forum.

It is a known issue about the Date field from SQL Server not displaying under PowerApps, see this thread for reference:

Date, DateTime, SQL Azure

Response from Staff erga:

"

There is currently a known issue with the Date field type for SQL Azure where the Date will not display on PowerApps. Our team has identified the issue and the fix should be out soon (within the next release or two). Please use DateTime in the meantime. 

Thanks,

Eric. Software Engineer. PowerApps Staff

"

And currently there is no updates on this.

For the two hours issue, check the following blog:

PowerApps Newest Feature Releases Address Top User Requests

For Option 5, Converting to and from UTC Format.

Use the function(TimeZoneOffset) mentioned to do modification with the DateTime queried from SQL Server (Local Time).

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

PierreGiusti Advocate II
Advocate II

OK. I folowed yours orientations and could solve my issues.

Thanks

Pierre

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,260)