cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vijayk

Date display issue in power apps using SharePoint online list

Dear Team, We r facing issue in the power apps view and edit forms for the date field. 

Date field display is not consistent and showing diff value in the form even though list data is storing the correct value.

Eg. We have two records with 2020-Mar-01 and 2020-Mar-02. but the UI is showing both records as 2020-Mar-02

Also, one user have records for 1-Mar-2020 and 28-Feb-2020 but power apps form showing the 28-Feb-2020 record as 29-Feb-2020. Also, all previous records like 27th Feb and 26th Feb are displaying one day ahead like 28th Feb and 27th Feb,

Date field behavior is very unusual. we r left with no idea after all the troubleshooting done. Appreciate your help on this. Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @vijayk ,

Do you mean that the time value displaying differently in powerapps and sharepoint list?

The reason why you met this problem is that the default time zone is different in powerapps and sharepoint list.

PowerApps will always display local time by default.

While sharepoint display time based on the time zone that you set.

In your issue, I think the time zone you set in sharepoint list is different from the time zone in your current location.

So when you load time from sharepoint list, it will transfer to your local time automatically in PowerApps.

1)Time in PowerApps

Time will display as local time by default in powerapps. No matter which region you set in the studio page.

34001.PNG

For example, I choose US as my region in this setting page.

However, since my current location is China, the time will display Beijing time by default in PowerApps.

2)Time in sharepoint

Time will not change based on your location.

You need to set your time zone manually.

Site information->view all site settings->region settings

34002.PNG

34003.PNG

Please change the time zone and Locale to your current location and time zone.

Then the time zone will be same in powerapps and sharepoint.

When you loading time from sharepoint list, time will not change.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
eka24
Super User III
Super User III

Someone had similar issue on sharepoint date. After going through this post is was resolved. Check if it can help
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/9h-time-difference-between-a-submitted-power...

If you like this post, give a thumbs up. Where it solved your issue, Mark as a solution
RobElliott
Super User
Super User

Hi @vijayk , make sure your DateTimeZone is correct in the app and not set to UTC, iI should be DateTimeZone.Local.

formatDate.png

Also make sure your regional settings are set correctly for your SharePoint site (in Site Settings).
Rob
Los Gallardos 

@vijayk 

+1 to the comments of @RobElliott 

You can also convert from UTC to local time by using this formula

DateAdd( your_date_here, −TimeZoneOffset( your_date_here ), Minutes )

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up." 

Yes, it's already set to DateTimeZone.local.

I used date time filed with date only option in SharePoint list. even though the date is showing 1st mar 2020 but in the form it's showing as 2nd March 2020. It's not happening for all the records. Thanks.

Hi @vijayk ,

Do you mean that the time value displaying differently in powerapps and sharepoint list?

The reason why you met this problem is that the default time zone is different in powerapps and sharepoint list.

PowerApps will always display local time by default.

While sharepoint display time based on the time zone that you set.

In your issue, I think the time zone you set in sharepoint list is different from the time zone in your current location.

So when you load time from sharepoint list, it will transfer to your local time automatically in PowerApps.

1)Time in PowerApps

Time will display as local time by default in powerapps. No matter which region you set in the studio page.

34001.PNG

For example, I choose US as my region in this setting page.

However, since my current location is China, the time will display Beijing time by default in PowerApps.

2)Time in sharepoint

Time will not change based on your location.

You need to set your time zone manually.

Site information->view all site settings->region settings

34002.PNG

34003.PNG

Please change the time zone and Locale to your current location and time zone.

Then the time zone will be same in powerapps and sharepoint.

When you loading time from sharepoint list, time will not change.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (1,795)