cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TheRydad
Advocate I
Advocate I

Date displayed is one day off

I must be doing something stupidly dumb here, and I am hoping someone can nudme me in the right direction.

I have an Excel file with a table that includes a date field. In my "edit" form, I am using a DatePicker control wired to the "Date" field in the table. I can input a new record or update an existing one with no problems and the selected date gets into the table correctly. The problem is that when I view the records in a Gallery or otherwise pull the record up later, the date is early by one day.

If I display the date in a text control, it is formatted like this: "2016-05-12T00:00:00Z". The DatePicker control will, in this example, be displaying "5/11/2016". The record in the Excel table is "5/12/2016". I suspect the issue is with a time zone conversion. In fact, if I manually change the record in the Excel table to "5/12/2016 08:30", that record then displays as expected. I am in the US central time zone.

Has anyone encountered this before? If so, did you engineer any kind of "solution"?

I am probably going to whip up a formula to add the hour and minute to the field using Now() and Text(), but would love to hear anyone's thoughts.

Note- recording the time is not really essential for my purposes, but it wouldn't hurt to have it. I am also thinking of adding drop down controls for selecting the time (this is meant to be a mobile app, so trying to avoid a lot of text entry).

Thanks!

-rd

20 REPLIES 20
ToddBaginski
Advocate V
Advocate V

Here's a very simple way to solve the issue.

In this example, DatePickerControl is the name of a Date Picker control.

Set(DateSelected, DateAdd( DatePickerControl.SelectedDate, TimeZoneOffset(DatePickerControl.SelectedDate), Minutes ));

I have a form app that i am having issues with the time displayed, wondering if anyone could help. Basically it has an edit screen with a date selector that populates an excel file in onedrive. The details screen shows the info of the parent.  I have the data set to UTC in the app and the date and time displaying correctly in Excel. I believe it is converting the UTC time to my timezone Eastern in Excel. In the app on the details page, the time is 5 hours off, the UTC time. How can i get the app to show Eastern time. For example, if i create a new record and set the time to 7 am, in excel, it lists it correctly. In the details screen of that record in the app it shows 2AM. 

Nevermind, I figured it out. In the details data text i replaced Parent.Default with:  DateAdd(ThisItem.StartDate, TimeZoneOffset(ThisItem.StartDate),Minutes)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there a way to remove the 00:00 from this formula??

I just tried this by applying it directly to the card default and saw that I needed to change "Parent.Default" to "ThisItem.[cardname]" and it worked. I believe if you're using this as a default for the card than it needs to ThisItem, if you're using it for a text field inside the card, then it would be Parent.Default...I believe.

@mikecopp  

I am having the same issue. Can you please share screen shoot ? on which property did you add the formula ?

Hi,

I am trying to take the date from date picker and my data source is excel file in one drive .But,the problem is , when i edit the record or create a record the date value is stored one day less than the actual give date which is selected from date picker.

Hi @venkat4331 ,

Although I haven't tried with excel, I had a similar issue when saving to a SQL database and found that if I created a date only type instead of datetime, and saved a Today() instead of a Now(), as far as I can tell it worked as intended.

Maybe a similar type needs to be formatted for that column in Excel?

Maybe try testing it with a date column in the CDS?

waltervb_3105
Regular Visitor

I have an sharepoint list  with a calculate field that calculates a date. In the  display the date in a text control I have: DateValue(ThisItem.'sharepoint field'), it is ok because it shows me "Month 12 2016", but I have the same problem T when I view the records in a Gallery or otherwise pull the record up later, the date is early by one day.

Has anyone encountered any kind of "solution"?

Thanks, 

AnilNagthane
Frequent Visitor

I am facing this issue till today i.e. in Aug-2021. Is fix available for this?

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,300)