cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zesty404
Regular Visitor

Date field appearing as Numeric field in Power App created from SharePoint List created from Excel

I'm new to PowerApps. I'm following a tutorial to create a Power App using a SharePoint list as a data source.

When I import an Excel sheet into SharePoint, a Date field becomes Number. As a result, in my Power App, it has appeared as a Numeric field instead of a Date field.

How do I avoid this? Should I have done some other step either before or after creating the SharePoint list from Excel?

How do I correct this now? Should I drop and recreate the SharePoint list? If so, what will happen to the Power App?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TheRobRush
Super User
Super User

Just add a new column, make it a date column, and then copy the correct dates into it, then delete the imported date column that came over incorrectly. Excel does not handle dates like actual dates, but as numbers and just formats them to look like dates.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Like my answer? - Hit that Thumbs Up. Resolved the Issue? - Hit Accept as Solution.
This helps others find solutions to future issues!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
TheRobRush
Super User
Super User

Just add a new column, make it a date column, and then copy the correct dates into it, then delete the imported date column that came over incorrectly. Excel does not handle dates like actual dates, but as numbers and just formats them to look like dates.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Like my answer? - Hit that Thumbs Up. Resolved the Issue? - Hit Accept as Solution.
This helps others find solutions to future issues!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,545)