cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resolver I
Resolver I

Date field in (MMM/YYYY) format

Hi PowerApp Users,

I have a requirement in my SharePoint list field to capture only the month and year without the day (E.g.-Aug/2019).

Is it possible with PowerApps.

If not with a date field, I can go ahead and use a single line of text field and tell user to populate in the format- MMM/YY. But how can i validate it.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Kevin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User II
Super User II

Hi!

I think you're looking for something like this? (To autopopulate today's month/year into a SharePoint text field)

image.png

And if it's not going to be Today's date and you just want it to match a regex field, you could use this formula and Regular Expressions (regex) to determine if the text in the textbox matches mmm/yyyy :

image.png

That's
If(IsMatch(TextInput1.Text, "^\w{3}\/\d{4}"), "Date is in correct format", "Date format must be mmm/yyyy")

If neither of these options works for you then let me know a little more detail around what you're trying to achieve,

Cheers,

@iAm_ManCat

@iAm_ManCat

Please 'Mark as Solution' if someone's post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or that helped you!

Thanks!
You and everyone else in the community make it the awesome and welcoming place it is, keep your questions coming and make sure to 'like' anything that makes you 'Appy
Sancho Harker, MVP

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Super User II
Super User II

Hi!

I think you're looking for something like this? (To autopopulate today's month/year into a SharePoint text field)

image.png

And if it's not going to be Today's date and you just want it to match a regex field, you could use this formula and Regular Expressions (regex) to determine if the text in the textbox matches mmm/yyyy :

image.png

That's
If(IsMatch(TextInput1.Text, "^\w{3}\/\d{4}"), "Date is in correct format", "Date format must be mmm/yyyy")

If neither of these options works for you then let me know a little more detail around what you're trying to achieve,

Cheers,

@iAm_ManCat

@iAm_ManCat

Please 'Mark as Solution' if someone's post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or that helped you!

Thanks!
You and everyone else in the community make it the awesome and welcoming place it is, keep your questions coming and make sure to 'like' anything that makes you 'Appy
Sancho Harker, MVP

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (80,174)