Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kevingeorget
Resolver I
Resolver I

Date field in (MMM/YYYY) format

Hi PowerApp Users,

I have a requirement in my SharePoint list field to capture only the month and year without the day (E.g.-Aug/2019).

Is it possible with PowerApps.

If not with a date field, I can go ahead and use a single line of text field and tell user to populate in the format- MMM/YY. But how can i validate it.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Kevin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
iAm_ManCat
Super User
Super User

Hi!

I think you're looking for something like this? (To autopopulate today's month/year into a SharePoint text field)

image.png

And if it's not going to be Today's date and you just want it to match a regex field, you could use this formula and Regular Expressions (regex) to determine if the text in the textbox matches mmm/yyyy :

image.png

That's
If(IsMatch(TextInput1.Text, "^\w{3}\/\d{4}"), "Date is in correct format", "Date format must be mmm/yyyy")

If neither of these options works for you then let me know a little more detail around what you're trying to achieve,

Cheers,

@iAm_ManCat

@iAm_ManCat

Please 'Mark as Solution' if someone's post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or that helped you!

Thanks!
You and everyone else in the community make it the awesome and welcoming place it is, keep your questions coming and make sure to 'like' anything that makes you 'Appy
Sancho Harker, MVP

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
iAm_ManCat
Super User
Super User

Hi!

I think you're looking for something like this? (To autopopulate today's month/year into a SharePoint text field)

image.png

And if it's not going to be Today's date and you just want it to match a regex field, you could use this formula and Regular Expressions (regex) to determine if the text in the textbox matches mmm/yyyy :

image.png

That's
If(IsMatch(TextInput1.Text, "^\w{3}\/\d{4}"), "Date is in correct format", "Date format must be mmm/yyyy")

If neither of these options works for you then let me know a little more detail around what you're trying to achieve,

Cheers,

@iAm_ManCat

@iAm_ManCat

Please 'Mark as Solution' if someone's post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or that helped you!

Thanks!
You and everyone else in the community make it the awesome and welcoming place it is, keep your questions coming and make sure to 'like' anything that makes you 'Appy
Sancho Harker, MVP

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,326)