cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
onyebuchiboss
Helper III
Helper III

Date fields not persisting in sharepoint list

I am new to using sharepoint list as a source of data in canvas app, I have noticed the date field when used in an edit does not update the date on the list in sharepoint. Is there any setting that needs to be done? 

So the new updated date isnt persisting in sharepoint. can someone with a better knowledge please help?

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
CNT
Super User
Super User

@onyebuchiboss Check if your date column as this setting (in the List settings in SP)

CNT_0-1622064828991.png

onyebuchiboss
Helper III
Helper III

Thanks for responding @CNT . This is the setting I have on the date column:

Capture.PNG

@onyebuchiboss How are you writing back the values to SP? SubmitForm() or Patch? Could you share some formulas please.

I am using SubmitForm().   

@onyebuchiboss Does the datepicker has this property set,

CNT_0-1622103383092.png

Also, what formula do you have in the Update property of the DataCard which holds this DatePicker?

I have just confirmed it has the property set to the "dateTimeFormat.ShortDate".

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Carousel_PP_768x460_Wave2 (1).png

2022 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2022 through March 2023.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,320)