Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Date format in PowerApps Gallery

Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to get the Date to display exactly as it is on the SharePoint list it's being pulled from. In the SP list it's displaying as 26/06/2020, however when this is pulled through into the PA Gallery, it's displaying it as 2020-06-26T10:19:46Z. The list column is Date & Time but set to Date only and displays fine in the list, however I can’t get it to display the same in the Gallery.

Should also probably note as it may or may not be relevant, the Close_Out_Date column is calculated from another selection (Risk_Rating) the user makes, so it adds 30, 60, or 90 days to the created date using the following:

=IF(Risk_Rating="Low",Created+90,IF(Risk_Rating="Medium",Created+60,IF(Risk_Rating="High",Created+30,Created)))

The current Text formula in PA is: ThisItem.Close_Out_Date (Close_Out_Date being the column name)

I've also tried: Text(ThisItem.Close_Out_Date, "[$-en-GB]dd/mm/yyyy") This doesn’t error either but brings back the same results.

What am I doing wrong here? Any help would be much appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Date format in PowerApps Gallery

@Doddy83 
Calculated columns are already stored as Text so converting them using the Text function won't work by itself.  You will need to use the DATEVALUE function to convert the Text to Date so you can reformat it.

Text(DateValue(ThisItem.Close_Out_Date, "en"), "[$-en-GB]dd/mm/yyyy")

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

@Doddy83 
Calculated columns are already stored as Text so converting them using the Text function won't work by itself.  You will need to use the DATEVALUE function to convert the Text to Date so you can reformat it.

Text(DateValue(ThisItem.Close_Out_Date, "en"), "[$-en-GB]dd/mm/yyyy")

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Thank you so much!! Works a treat!

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Robotic Process Automation

Let's talk about the solution provided by Microsoft for Robotic Process Automation (RPA)

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (10,225)