Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Date format issue

Hi,

I am trying to format a date field. Under the format, I put the following, Text(DataCardValue1.selectedDate, "dd-mmm-yyyy").

The date shows as "20-Ma20-2020" instead of "20-May-2020". Changing the format to Text(DataCardValue1.selectedDate, "dd-mmmm-yyyy") does not work too. The only workaround is to show the date as "20-05-2020".

Appreciate any help in solving this issue. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Re: Date format issue

Spoke to Microsoft Support and got the resolution to my issue.

The date format issue only happens on a Date Picker control. To format the date picker, there is no need to include the Text function. Under the format, you only need to put in "dd-mmm-yyyy".

If you tried to put Text(DatePicker1.selectedDate, "dd-mmm-yyyy"), the date format issue will appear. Strange that it appears only for May dates. There is no issue in other months.

The article for the Date Picker was also recently updated (i.e. 10 April 2020). Not sure if there was a change that caused the issue to happen in all my existing apps.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/controls/control-date-picker

Hope this helps anyone else who might be facing a similar issue.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @yoggieb ,

I have simply checked your expression: Text(DataCardValue1.selectedDate, "dd-mmm-yyyy")

image.png

This works correctly. Would you please create a new canvas app and test this expression: Text(Now(), "[$-en-US]dd-mmm-yyyy")

Hope this helps. Thanks!

Best regards,

Jisung Han

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @JisungHan ,

Thanks for the follow up. The date format is correct when applied on a new canvas. However, it does not work with my existing apps.

I have a few canvas apps with this problem. How do I solve this on existing canvas apps? 

Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @yoggieb ,

Thanks for your reply. If the issue doesn't happen a new App but happens existing Apps, it requires further investigation on the Apps.

Firstly, please check whether the data source type is DateTime format. And do "Save-As" the App and test it again.

If the issue still exists, please raise a support ticket to MS team from https://admin.powerplatform.microsoft.com/support

Hope this helps. Thanks!

Best regards,

Jisung Han

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @JisungHan,

I am using a date picker control on my app to record the date of birth. I assume that the date picker control should be datetime format. Is this assumption wrong?

I have tried to save as a new app and the problem still persists.

I will raise a ticket with Microsoft support. Thank you.

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Spoke to Microsoft Support and got the resolution to my issue.

The date format issue only happens on a Date Picker control. To format the date picker, there is no need to include the Text function. Under the format, you only need to put in "dd-mmm-yyyy".

If you tried to put Text(DatePicker1.selectedDate, "dd-mmm-yyyy"), the date format issue will appear. Strange that it appears only for May dates. There is no issue in other months.

The article for the Date Picker was also recently updated (i.e. 10 April 2020). Not sure if there was a change that caused the issue to happen in all my existing apps.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/controls/control-date-picker

Hope this helps anyone else who might be facing a similar issue.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Thanks @yoggieb for your update! That would be some issue that the Product should be improved since only May has this issue.

Have a good day! 😀

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Robotic Process Automation

Let's talk about the solution provided by Microsoft for Robotic Process Automation (RPA)

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,602)