Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KevinHardy
Resolver I
Resolver I

Date format problem

Hi, at present I have:

"Date: "&If(IsBlank(ViewRecords_gallery.Selected.'Todays Date'), "-", ViewRecords_gallery.Selected.'Todays Date')

Which is fine buts displays in US format. How do I incorporate "[$-en-US]dddd dd mmmm yyyy" into the formula?

I've tried several different ways but don't really understand what I'm doing 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mdevaney
Super User III
Super User III

Probably like this...

"Date: "&If(IsBlank(ViewRecords_gallery.Selected.'Todays Date'), "-", Text(ViewRecords_gallery.Selected.'Todays Date', "[$-en-US]dddd dd mmmm yyyy"))

—-
Please Accept as Solution if this post answered your question so others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
mdevaney
Super User III
Super User III

Probably like this...

"Date: "&If(IsBlank(ViewRecords_gallery.Selected.'Todays Date'), "-", Text(ViewRecords_gallery.Selected.'Todays Date', "[$-en-US]dddd dd mmmm yyyy"))

—-
Please Accept as Solution if this post answered your question so others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

I got the dreaded white cross in red circle 😞

The explanation is attached as a screenshot. Any ideas?

@KevinHardy
Some garbage text was included because I am posting from mobile. Can you please try my code above again? I removed the extra characters.

Lovely. Thank you. I did wonder what the extra bit was 🙂

@KevinHardy 

Yeah, I frequently browse the forums on my mobile and whenever I go back to edit my post for grammar it adds many weird symbols that I have to delete.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (61,920)