cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EmS23
Frequent Visitor

Date in Lookup Column not appearing

Hi All,

I am creating a form where the user will select the dates from a lookup column. I only need the user to see items that have been created on the same day.

I have this formula another user helped me create, but although there are no errors, the drop down does not display ANY choices.

This is the formula I'm using:

ForAll(Choices([@'CCP 3 Direct Observation Verification'].'CCP3#DateChecked'),
        Text(DateValue(Value)) in Filter(
            'Form 117 CCP # 3 Carcass Zero Tolerance Check',
            Created >= Today()
    ).Created)

Here is proof that it works properly:

When I however on 'Created' I see the option appear from today.

EmS23_0-1658415971010.png

When I however outside all of the parenthesis, all of the values appear as false, even the value that should return as true.

EmS23_1-1658416052527.png

Is there anything I can do to improve my formula?

If you know of a way to simply sort these dates in descending order, that works too!

Edit: I have found a solution to the second question, a way to sort the dates in descending order. 

Sort(Choices([@'CCP 3 Direct Observation Verification'].'CCP3#DateChecked'), Value, Descending)
7 REPLIES 7
PG_WorXz10
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @EmS23 ,

Could you please once check the filter date result you got is an exact match in backend ? This value should be exactly match than only you will get true instead of false. 

If this post was helpful or you need more help please consider giving Thumbs Up and Tag me in your reply I'll be happy to help. If this post helped you solve your issue please click Accept as solution and provide Thumbs Up. This will help others find it more readily.

Hi @PG_WorXz10 ,

Yes, this only value is the correct value, but it appears as false. So I'm thinking one of my tests must be incorrect in the ForAll formula I'm using. 

PG_WorXz10
Community Champion
Community Champion

@EmS23 

Try without converting the date value in text.

ForAll(Choices([@'CCP 3 Direct Observation Verification'].'CCP3#DateChecked'),
        Value in Filter(
            'Form 117 CCP # 3 Carcass Zero Tolerance Check',
            Created >= Today()
    ).Created)

If this post was helpful or you need more help please consider giving Thumbs Up and Tag me in your reply I'll be happy to help. If this post helped you solve your issue please click Accept as solution and provide Thumbs Up. This will help others find it more readily.

I gave it a shot, still appearing as blanks.

BTW, thank you for looking into this!

PG_WorXz10
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @EmS23 ,

Just to debug do you mind adding below code into any temporary gallery to see the values ?

Choices([@'CCP 3 Direct Observation Verification'].'CCP3#DateChecked').Value

Alright, I've tried it and these are the results:

EmS23_0-1658419121676.png

41 values as expected.

PG_WorXz10
Community Champion
Community Champion

@EmS23 

As you can see the date format in both the case are different the filtered value is in mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm:ss AM/PM (12hr) and the gallery format is mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm:ss (24 hr). If you make the format same you will value in the dropdown. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,063)