Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mamacona
Helper I
Helper I

Date only field request also time with Dataverse

Hello

I have a column in Dataverse that is only Date, however when I add it in a Form to a Canvas it always displays the time, even if this is not the format, I would like to show only the date picker without the time. I hope somebody can help me.

Thank you2022-05-12 13_39_48-Power Apps.png2022-05-12 13_40_11-.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Mamacona @nocluehelp ,

I believe @BCBuizer was saying to hide the hour and minute dropdowns from in the data card:

vjefferni_0-1652858241821.png

But a strange thing is, from my end, Dataverse column settings will let me select date only or date & time format for a Date and time data type, even for a system default column it is the same:

vjefferni_1-1652858376645.png

Perhaps it is due to your PowerApps studio release version, am not sure. You can also raise a ticket to get further assistance.

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
BCBuizer
Super User
Super User

Hi @Mamacona ,

Perhaps just delete the time fields and deals with any upcoming errors?

I did try but I get to the point where I do not have more errors but my submit does not work anymore, still checking.

BCBuizer
Super User
Super User

Hi @nocluehelp,

In the worst case you can just make them invisible...

Indeed but as it is a required field, the user needs to put a value there 😕

Hi @Mamacona @nocluehelp ,

I believe @BCBuizer was saying to hide the hour and minute dropdowns from in the data card:

vjefferni_0-1652858241821.png

But a strange thing is, from my end, Dataverse column settings will let me select date only or date & time format for a Date and time data type, even for a system default column it is the same:

vjefferni_1-1652858376645.png

Perhaps it is due to your PowerApps studio release version, am not sure. You can also raise a ticket to get further assistance.

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

You do it, I did it and it worked, I hope they will fix this. thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on June 15, 2022 at 8am PDT.

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,497)