Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sifu
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Date picker and setting filters to list with existing entries

Hi everyone,

working on an app where users would input holiday, sick leave, time trakcing, etc... I prepare this in multiple SharePoint lists...

List A is the user interface and storing all the requests and their statuses (approved/rejected holiday for example...) 

List B is a list with prefilled dates and names, only status for the day should be changed, for example:

1.1.2020 | Jack | at work
2.1.2020 | Jack | HomeOffice
3.1.2020 | Jack | at work
4.1.2020 | Jack | Holliday
5.1.2020 | Jack | Blank

The B list is mainly required for HR so they have a clear view for each person, (in the example above is just one person).

The problem I have is, how to ensure that user will not book with the datepickers (the from date and the to date) a day that is already set to homeoffice or anything else... he should just be able to select those days that are set to "blank".

• One idea i had is to solve this with a Flow which would do a getitems query and return if the days are all blank etc... but this would mean that user needs to wait for emails and time expensive...
  • Other ide is a hidden dropdown that had a formula to check (not sure how yet) the dates from and to, if they are (with the username) still "blank" but as far i see filter for date is not delegable hence not really useful.
0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations 768x460.png

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

<
Users online (3,126)