cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Date picker in spanish

Hi good morning,

Could someone help me with this issue, I would like to set a date picker in a determined language "Spanish" in every device the powerapp is been used? is it even possible?

Thanks

Aaronr

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Date picker in spanish

@aaronramosr 

Internally it doesn't make a difference,  The DatePicker has a SelectedDate property that is the currently selected date and is a Date type result (i.e. it has no format).

You can use that to to post to the calendar by itself.

If you need to reformat it back to Text for some purpose, you can use the Text function to do that.

ex.  DatePicker date selected  July 16 2020.  Displays in the DatePicker based on the Language.

"es": 16 julio 2020,  "fr":  16 juillet 2020,  "en": July 16, 2020  "pt-BR": 16/07/2020 (no language specified): based on the device

Internally, the SelectedDate is a DateValue of the date chosen.  It has no format, it is a number.

You can then use the Text function to change that to whatever format you want.

ex.  Text(DatePicker1.SelectedDate, ShortDate, "es")  is "16 julio 2020"

Text(DatePicker1.SelectedDate, ShortDate, "fr")  is "16 jullet 2020"

etc.

Or, if you want a very specific format, you can specify it:

Text(DatePicker1.SelectedDate, "mm/dd/yyyy)  is "07/16/2020"

Text(DatePicker1.SelectedDate, "dd/mm/yyyy)  is "16/07/2020"

Many different ways to format!

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@aaronramosr 

Yes, you can set the Language property on the datepicker to "es".

That will put it all in Spanish.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Thank you for your reply, I already dit it however if the device is set in english or other language the datepicker get that format and display the date in this way.

How can I transform a date that looks like "july 15, 2020 or 15 de julio 2020" to a date like this 15/07/2020 the objetive is to make it workable as a date format valid to post a item in calendar from power app.

aaronr

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@aaronramosr 

Internally it doesn't make a difference,  The DatePicker has a SelectedDate property that is the currently selected date and is a Date type result (i.e. it has no format).

You can use that to to post to the calendar by itself.

If you need to reformat it back to Text for some purpose, you can use the Text function to do that.

ex.  DatePicker date selected  July 16 2020.  Displays in the DatePicker based on the Language.

"es": 16 julio 2020,  "fr":  16 juillet 2020,  "en": July 16, 2020  "pt-BR": 16/07/2020 (no language specified): based on the device

Internally, the SelectedDate is a DateValue of the date chosen.  It has no format, it is a number.

You can then use the Text function to change that to whatever format you want.

ex.  Text(DatePicker1.SelectedDate, ShortDate, "es")  is "16 julio 2020"

Text(DatePicker1.SelectedDate, ShortDate, "fr")  is "16 jullet 2020"

etc.

Or, if you want a very specific format, you can specify it:

Text(DatePicker1.SelectedDate, "mm/dd/yyyy)  is "07/16/2020"

Text(DatePicker1.SelectedDate, "dd/mm/yyyy)  is "16/07/2020"

Many different ways to format!

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,893)