Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Date picker now() not refreshing

Hello,

I've been looking other threads & Google for help on this issue, but i cannot find something similar so i decided to ask for help.

I'm creating a simple app, for registering customer visits. There is a main screen with 3 buttons and when the customer clicks on "Register Visit" a screen with a form (linked to a excel datasource, hosted in Onedrive) with the requested fields is shown.

In this form, i have a DataCard for picking a date. This datacard has 3 boxes for setting the date, one for selecting the day, one for selecting the hour and the last box for selecting the minutes.

I have set the "DefaultDate" on those 3 boxes (DateValue1, HourValue1, MinuteValue1) to the "Now()" function, but this only seems to refresh the data when i open the app for editing in PowerApps Studio. Even if i run the app, the date shown is not refreshed.

I mean, if i start editing the app at 10:00, when i look at the screen in which this control is, the date shown is correct:

DateValue1: 29/09/2017

HourValue1: 10

MinuteValue1: 00

But if i wait some minutes and i run the preview of the app, those values are not refreshing.

I've tried reseting the form with the "OnVisible" event of its screen but this doesn't work... any ideas?

What i want to achieve, is to register the actual time in which a Customer Visit is registered

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

Re: Date picker now() not refreshing

Hi,

Build a timer which sets a variabele with Now() and let it fire every 5 seconds or something like that. Then use that variable in your DefaultDate.

This behaviour is inherent to the design of PowerApps, it's Data-driven and not event-driven.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi,

Build a timer which sets a variabele with Now() and let it fire every 5 seconds or something like that. Then use that variable in your DefaultDate.

This behaviour is inherent to the design of PowerApps, it's Data-driven and not event-driven.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your answer. It has been very helpful.

Finally i have taken your idea, but i've replaced the date pickers for a single textbox.

I was having trouble making the hour and minutes pickers working with that variable, but the DatePicker works as you said, but as i don't want to let the users change the date, using a textbox instead is fine.

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Super Users Coming in August

We are excited for the next Super User season.

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,266)