Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jayant_ab
Helper I
Helper I

Date picker saving correct value but showing wrong value to others

Hi All,

I have a very unique issue that I am facing with PowerApps. Currently I have a gallery which allows the users to save date from a date picker into a SharePoint list into a text column. now, in gallery when I try to show the date it shows the correct date to me , however it shows a different date to other users. Please find the screen shot below. 1st screenshot is mine and second is other users screenshot. I have also changed the site regional settings to India timing still no luck. tried converting the text date to date value still no luck. Please help me out.

jayant_ab_0-1644235429295.png

jayant_ab_1-1644235448105.png

Cheers!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jayant_ab
Helper I
Helper I

@BrianS changed my text column to date and it started working.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
BrianS
Super User
Super User

When you view the data in Sharepoint what do you see?

PowerRanger
Super User
Super User

@jayant_ab 

If I got this right you do save the date in a Text column in sharepoint. So what we need is

1. The value as it got stored in sharepoint

2. The Formular you use on your DatePicker control in PowerApps to show the value

​Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item.

If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

@BrianS i see the correct date selected during saving the data.

@BrianS 

1.the value is date format value which is getting selected while saving the data.

2. I use thisitem.columnname

i tried text(thisitem.columnname,"dd/mm/yyyy")

i tried datevalue(thisitem.columnname) 

both of the above methods did not work. 

for some reason it shows a year ahead date to other users.

any ideas why?

BrianS
Super User
Super User

When you look at the Sharepoint list what value do you see? ThisItem.columnname doesn't seem right to me, but I would need more info about the app. 

this is what i see in SharePoint. Thisitem.columnname is used in gallery date picker default date value. ignore the 1 please.

jayant_ab_0-1644256702499.png

BrianS
Super User
Super User

Is that 3 columns in Sharepoint (with the 1 in one of them?) Can you send a screen shot of the gallery with that field highlighted and the Text attribute selected

jayant_ab
Helper I
Helper I

please ignore the 1. please find the gallery image

jayant_ab_0-1644301174705.png

BrianS
Super User
Super User

Can you send an image similar to this one so we can see what is actually being displayed in the gallery.Gallery_01.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
October Events

Mark Your Calendars

So many events that are happening this month - don't miss out!

Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Users online (2,943)