cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Saesje

Date picker sends wrong date and wrong format

Hi, 

I am dealing with a date issue that nobody has been able to solve so far. 

I have created two forms in PowerApps, that sends a selected date to an excel file. 

Settings in PowerApps: 

Default date: Today()

Date time zone: local

Format: dd/mm/yyyy

My browser settings, windows OS region settings and excel region settings are also set  local (CET).

My excel column capturing the date has the correct format (also dd/mm/yyyy).

Some examples of the results whenever I am trying to submit a form with a selected date of

Submitting 01/08/2022, excel shows me 08/01/2022.

Submitting 10/08/2022, excel shows me 08/10/2022

Submitting any date with a day after the 12th (any month), will corrupt my form (submit form will show an unknown error).

It seems that the month and the day are being swapped, since excel doesn't accept a number higher than a 12 as the month.

Anyone can help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hey, I did not realise you were using a Form. I threw something together just to make sure it works. I used this formula in the data card Update property:

Text(DateValue1.SelectedDate + Time(Value(HourValue1.Selected.Value), Value(MinuteValue1.Selected.Value), 0), "dd/mmm/yyyy")

metsshan_0-1660127370290.png

I'm not really addressing the root problem here, but in the past I have saved a lot of troubleshooting time by using the dd/mmm/yyyy format with Excel.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
metsshan
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

I will often use dd/mmm/yyyy (ie. 10/Aug/2022) when writing to Excel so that it cannot get the d's and the m's mixed up. It should still interpret it as a date. Can you try that and let me know?

Something like:

Text(Today(), "dd/mmm/yyyy")

Hi @metsshan 

Thanks! In what field are you adding the formula? And is it on the date picker control or the data card?

Hey, I did not realise you were using a Form. I threw something together just to make sure it works. I used this formula in the data card Update property:

Text(DateValue1.SelectedDate + Time(Value(HourValue1.Selected.Value), Value(MinuteValue1.Selected.Value), 0), "dd/mmm/yyyy")

metsshan_0-1660127370290.png

I'm not really addressing the root problem here, but in the past I have saved a lot of troubleshooting time by using the dd/mmm/yyyy format with Excel.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (3,764)