cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
GrischkePro
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Date picker to start on Monday

Another broken feature. This was working fine until version 3.19064.13.

 

I need the date picker calendar to start on Monday, but all of a sudden, the "calendar" picker now starts on a Sunday, which is not the format we use in Europe.

 

How can I force the picker to display the calendar picker to start from a Monday?

 

Clipboard01.jpg

8 REPLIES 8
K-A-R-L
Solution Specialist
Solution Specialist

Hi @GrischkePro ,

Can you please make sure to check that the DatePicker's DateTimeZone settings is set to local?


Thanks,
K-A-R-L


If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.


@K-A-R-L wrote:

Hi @GrischkePro ,

Can you please make sure to check that the DatePicker's DateTimeZone settings is set to local?


Thanks,
K-A-R-L


@K-A-R-L 

Yes, it is set to local. Nothing has changed at my end until PowerApps was updated to version 3.19064.13.

At version 3.19064.11, the date picker/calendar was correct and the week started on Monday as it should.

K-A-R-L
Solution Specialist
Solution Specialist

Hi @GrischkePro ,

Can you please try to revert back to the older version 3.19064.11 and check if it works fine. If not let me know then we can sort out a workaround.

Thanks,
K-A-R-L


If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

v-monli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @GrischkePro ,

 

Did you mean that your date picker used to start on Monday? I'm asking this because that there is one idea submitted here:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/Date-picker-option-to-start-week-on-a-Monday/idi...

 

According to this idea, starting from Sunday should be the default setting of all date pickers. The workaround so far is to configure it to start on Monday following:

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/davidni/2016/12/13/building-an-interactive-calendar-view-with-power...

 

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.


@K-A-R-L wrote:

Hi @GrischkePro ,

Can you please try to revert back to the older version 3.19064.11 and check if it works fine. If not let me know then we can sort out a workaround.

Thanks,
K-A-R-L


If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.


I can't revert back to the previous version as I made too many updates to the app and don't want to lose them.


@v-monli-msft wrote:

Hi @GrischkePro ,

 

Did you mean that your date picker used to start on Monday? I'm asking this because that there is one idea submitted here:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/Date-picker-option-to-start-week-on-a-Monday/idi...

 

According to this idea, starting from Sunday should be the default setting of all date pickers. The workaround so far is to configure it to start on Monday following:

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/davidni/2016/12/13/building-an-interactive-calendar-view-with-power...

 

Regards,

Mona


Unfortunately, building a calendar for tens of date fields in all of my forms isn't practical. I saw that the idea was submitted, but this was working for for me in the past.

stupendous
Frequent Visitor

You've probably found this out already by now, but the date picker control now has a 'StartOfWeek' property. Just set this to Monday and you're in business!

@stupendous no, I didn't know. I did not revisit this since August, but yes I can confirm I changed it to Monday and there it is. Thanks!

 

It would be nice to set this to a default for every future date picker created, but at least it's there now!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations 768x460.png

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

<
Users online (4,254)