cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Date picker toooo slooooow

Hi Team, 

I am building a pretty sophisticated travel requests management solution based on new experience SharePoint lists, flow and powerapp customized forms.

I noticed that date picker data card behaves very slowly.

It literally takes the same amount of time for users to pick up a single day or to fill in about 8 other fields. So, setting a date with date picker is really painful for users.

Is it a bug, or is there a way of somehow to speed up its behaviour?

Cheers,

Pavel

13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the prompt @nickduxfield - changing the StartYear and EndYear for the Date Picker control made a big difference to the performance of the control in the PowerApp we were creating. The defaults appeared to be 1899 (StartYear) and 9999 (EndYear) - this was for a date field in a SharePoint custom list.

View solution in original post

The date field is likely a complex field type. I'm not sure how it renders in app when you open up from 1800-2100 but from a list perspective with a complex type field, that sounds like a lot of data.

If you can narrow down the date picker using a default date variable with dateadd to get relevance, it does work ok.
Especially if you add a date advance, minus and reset button. I don't even need to open the date picker.
Just some thoughts.

yes, ready

thank you

yesss, work

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (35,951)