cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
allymullen
Regular Visitor

Date time picker changing date for SOME users

I have an app where I am asking the user to enter date and time for one field. The app saves to a sharepoint list, and I know both apps are set to UTC time. As this is app is used globally, I wanted to make sure that whoever views this app and the data from anywhere in the world will all see the same date and times entered.

This week I found out that for anyone east of UTC: when they try to save the date-time, the time saves correctly, but the date jumps back a week. Example: they enter June 27, 2022 12:00 pm and it saves June 26, 2022 12:00 pm. For users west of UTC, the date saves correctly.

Anyone know a way around this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
allymullen
Regular Visitor

If anyone has a similar problem: the recommendation I got from the Shane Young video was to save the datetime as text. Seems like a rather obvious answer that I hadn't thought of.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Corissandageri
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

I don't have a solution, but Shane Young did a good video on this can of worms.

I started it, but haven't finished it, but I will now. Thanks!

allymullen
Regular Visitor

If anyone has a similar problem: the recommendation I got from the Shane Young video was to save the datetime as text. Seems like a rather obvious answer that I hadn't thought of.

v-xiaochen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @allymullen ,

Glad to see you resolved this issue.

You could mark your own reply to close the case.

Best Regards,

Wearsky

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,148)