cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
David0094
Frequent Visitor

DateAdd - want to calculate next date based on months indicated in another text field

Hi, I need help, been struggling to identify any syntax error.

I have a text input (TextInput1) which lookup the number of months from user selection.

From there I would like to calculate the next eligible date for the user to exchange the item. The next eligible exchange date is calculated based on user lastissueddate + textInput1

On the Next Eligible Exchange Date date picker, I am trying to set the default date to DateAdd(lastissueddate .SelectedDate, Value(TextInput1.Text), Months). However, it keep receive There is an error in this formula. But I can't the error.

can anyone help me? 

10 REPLIES 10

You advice me to relook into the definelifespan control/card. I did a details check and found out that I have place an unnecessary control to my screen. Once I removed it and move and join that coding into the eligible exchange control. The error disappeared and i try run. it work well. 

you saved me from this disaster 😉 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,654)