cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RichardB
Advocate III
Advocate III

DatePicker empty value

Have been playing some more with the DatePicker in an EditForm, but can't seem to work out how to ensure a blank date is displayed, rather than a date 'selected' by the system depending on the value of the StartYear.

For example, if the StartYear is 2017, then the DatePicker will display 1/1/2017 as the default, however this will then be written to the data source as part of the SubmitForm, with the result that incorrect date values will be recorded.

If you delete this date within the DatePicker, it is then 'replaced' with 31/12/2001

Does anyone have suggestions/workarounds on how to handle this.. was hoping the new version of the DatePicker would accommodate this?

21 REPLIES 21
DessieLad

One way I've found that works is to set the value of dpDate.Reset() to Blank() and call Reset(dpDate) before displaying the form or page etc.

glenquarless
Frequent Visitor

Thanks ParakramaDhanan, I had no idea that setting was behind this and spend a good while long enough trying to resolve it before I found this thread

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,738)