Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Sysco
Level: Powered On

DatePicker fails to open Calendar in Android App

Hello,

I'd like to post a bug I've run into today. Maybe someone wants to try repoducing it. It affects the date picker when it's placed to far right. It won't open the calendar view for picking a date. I identified that the problem could be the active date to be slightly out of the screen which causes the calendar to collapse again.

Steps are quite easy:

- New Canvas App for Smartphone Layout

- Add Datepicker (i dragged it a little bit smaller)

- Select Start of Week property to be the day after today (since it is Sunday, I picked Monday). So the highlighted day should be on the right of the calendar.

- Place Datepicker on the right.

- That's it.

Following Result in Android App: (see video - i tapped several times on the datepicker):

20200223_141515.gif

3 REPLIES 3
Microsoft ACahill
Microsoft

Re: DatePicker fails to open Calendar in Android App

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to raise this issue and for the detailed steps to reproduce.  I've reported this issue to Dev as it's readily replicated so thanks again for raising this with us sot hat we can work on fixing.  

Cheers,

Allan

Allan Cahill

Microsoft Support 

Power Apps Staff Mengping-Shawn
Power Apps Staff

Hi there,

Thanks for raising this issue. I am an engineer from PowerApps and I am looking at this issue.

I couldn't reproduce this from my end. Could you help me verify if this is a consistent issue (i.e. if you move the control up or down a bit, then save and re-publish it, does the issue remain)? Also, which Android device are you using?

Thanks a lot,

Mengping

Sysco
Level: Powered On

Hello Mengping,

the Bug is still reproducable. I've reproduced it on Android 8 and 9.

Please make sure you set up the calendar week so the active day is on the most right. (The active day is a few pixels off the screen in that case). 

I have have tried it in several positions during finding and verifying the bug. I even created a new app for showing the bug. It is consistent. You just have to make sure the active day is on the right.

For a standard setting Monday or Sunday are the first day of the week. So this bug would regulary only appear if it would be tested on a Saturday or Sunday.

If you are able to access the demo-app its ID would be cedf96c1-9878-4427-a18b-8270779ed80f

Best Regards

Matthias

Helpful resources

Announcements
Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Join THE global Microsoft Power Platform event series

Attend for two days of expert-led learning and innovation on topics like AI and Analytics, powered by Dynamic Communities

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch

Join us for the Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event on Thursday, April 2, 2020, at 8:00 AM PST.

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,603)