cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

DateTime picker displays incorrect format for our region

Dates are proving to be challenging and need to be a little bit easier to manage.

So I'm fine with using Text(MyDate,"dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm AM/PM") to get them to display correctly, problem is the date picker I can't seem to get that to use the above formula.

The date picker always returns and displays as mm/dd/yyyy I have set DateTimeZone to local and I've set the regional setting in SharePoint to New Zealand ... but then I try to use the above formula or something like it the date goes to some random date in the future.

Any help would be appreciate, as our production users are getting confused.

17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I changed it to Text(Parent.Default,"[$-en-GB]dd/mm/yyyy","en-GB") and still got 5/2/2018, which I changed to another date to see what it would do, and the date in sharePoint wasn't the same. Hmmm no joy.

Sorry was a typo on my end with the 3 y's I did actually change it to 4

Meneghino
Community Champion
Community Champion

OK, I give up.  In any case what I do in my work is not to use date or date/time columns at all and use either:

A) A text column where I place yyyy-mm-dd or yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm

B) An integer column where I place year*10000+month*100+day

I then parse back and forth in PowerApps.  This resolves any time zone, server time, locale issues but is obviously a little more work, but not much.

Has anyone managed to resolve this? I have tried all of this and NOTHING WORKS.

Despite regional settings in Office, SharePoint and browsers all set to UK, the picker is still displaying in US format. It's confusing for my users.

Is there any way to remove the picker display text?

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi all, 

the following blog post has helped users in past threads with datetime picker display issues. I will include it below. If this does not solve your query, please let me know and I will investigate further. 

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/working-with-datetime-values-in-sql/ 

@Anonymous

Aliaduoo

Just found the solution here.

MattyH
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

The formula below works for me, showing dates in UK format, that would otherwise show in US format.

Text(DateTimeValue(Parent.Default),"[$-en-US]dd/mm/yyyy")

View solution in original post

When I try to use this formula I get an invalid argument error

JoeyDig_0-1599837670010.png

I also get this error. Any one got any updates on a valid solution? So frustrating can't get dates to show properly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,533)