cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
biancadevera
Helper III
Helper III

DateTimeValue in text input

Is it possible to have DateTimeValue format (mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm:ss.fff AM/PM) in text input and save it as text in SharePoint list? I'm working on forms and would like to make this work.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @biancadevera ,

This turns the Text Box to Date/Time, but I tested the various formats (LongDateTime etc) and they will not convert further

WarrenBelz_0-1635816121366.png

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Visit my blog Practical Power Apps

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
biancadevera
Helper III
Helper III

WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @biancadevera ,

This gets the current time format (and will save as Text in SharePoint)- is that what you are asking

WarrenBelz_0-1635812452673.png

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Hi @WarrenBelz , I want to use the Text Input not the label. Is this possible?

biancadevera_0-1635814742538.png

Hi @biancadevera ,

This turns the Text Box to Date/Time, but I tested the various formats (LongDateTime etc) and they will not convert further

WarrenBelz_0-1635816121366.png

biancadevera
Helper III
Helper III

Hi @WarrenBelz 

Is it possible to input it on Text box in Forms then stored the text in label (hidden) to save to SharePoint list?

HI @biancadevera ,

I am getting a little lost with what exactly you are trying to do here - the data is Text to start with and you want Text in SharePoint - also are you referring to MS Forms or the Power App Form?

biancadevera
Helper III
Helper III

Hi @WarrenBelz 

Since Text box won't accept the datetime format I was trying to do, I'm thinking of this: Enter the date and time (example: Nov 3, 2021 1:15:56 AM) > store it on label where it will convert to mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm:ss.fff AM/PM (11/03/2021 1:15:56 AM) > Save on SharePoint list based on the data of label. 

I was referring to Power App form. Sorry for the confusion

Hi @biancadevera ,

My previous post showed the extent that you can format a label using the DateValue function. You can either save this back as Text or simply save the text input itself and get the full format.

biancadevera
Helper III
Helper III

Hi @WarrenBelz 

Thank you for your input. I was able to achieve what I want to do here. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Users online (4,759)