cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JonathanGibbs
Resolver I
Resolver I

Datepicker returns minus 1 day

Working with Powerapps 2.0.460, Windows 10, IPad app, connection to SQL Azure (for Access Web App in Sharepoint online), local settings for UK on PC and Ipad, date format dd/mm/yyyy

The date returned to the server from a DatePicker control is consistently one day less than the date entered. So enter, say, April 7th 2016 on the PowerApp Datepicker (either from F5 on the PC or from the app on the IPad), save, look at the SQL AZure record and it has April 6th 2016. Same over a month boundary - enter 1st May, get 30th April.

The card Update setting is valDateOfBirth.SelectedDate. I've tried Text(valDateOfBirth.SelectedDate,"dd/mm/yyyy") as well but the result is the same.

Looks like a bug...??

23 REPLIES 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello all,

I am currently executing  a migration to O365 and I am having a similar issue when uploading data to a new SharePoint Online list, where all DateTime fields are off by -1 day.

Is this an issue with Time-Zones or a bug?

Any updates would be appreciated.

Regards.

I have the same issue. DatePicker is one day off.

Ever found a solution? My SPO list also saves entries with one day off. Date fields in powerapps form are set to UTC and my spo site is in utc...

Megabyte

No

I created a new integer column on SQL Server to solve my problem as a poor man's work around based on a suggestion someone else had.

Use this code on SQL Server to create new integer columns that work beside your date column in a YYYYMMDD format.

alter table TestTableName
add PickupDatePA as (CONVERT(int, DATEPART(year, PickupDate)) * 10000 + CONVERT(int, DATEPART(month, PickupDate)) * 100 + CONVERT(int, DATEPART(day, PickupDate)) * 1) persisted,
DeliveryDatePA as (ConVERT(int, DATEPART(year, DeliveryDate)) * 10000 + CONVERT(int, DATEPART(month, DeliveryDate)) * 100 + CONVERT(int, DATEPART(day, DeliveryDate)) * 1) persisted

Now do your sort and filters using the new PA columns.

I should note that I gave up on Power Apps and went back to making my own web apps.  Idea behind Power Apps is great, but if you cannot do simple filters and searches on date columns which to me is a must, it just does not work well in my environment.  There was too many glitches for me that I had to try and find work arounds for.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Power Apps June 2021

June Power Apps Community Call

Don't miss the call this month on June 16th - 8a PDT

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (26,703)