cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alastair
Advocate I
Advocate I

Dates displaying incorrectly in play mode but correctly in edit mode

Dates in all Apps I have built have suddenly started displaying dates in mm/dd/yyyy format when in play mode instead of the desired dd/mm/yyyy format that is shown when the app is edited.  

I have checked regional settings for SharePoint (source data), and browser with no luck.  I've also tried manually overriding in PowerApps setting to force it to be in English (instead of reading Browser regional settings).  Multiple browsers also have the same issue.  

I'm aware you can manually force a date into a specific format, but I dont particularly fancy doing that for all the apps we've built.  Is there a way to fix this on mass, or is anyone aware of any ongoing issues on Microsofts side?  

3 REPLIES 3
lr
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Same problem here. Also occures with numbers (1.3 instead of 1,3)

HKJ

I am having the same issues. Even though my language settings is set to Danish on my local machine, in the browser and in Microsoft 365, I still get the calendar in English and numbers are formatted with 1.2 instead og 1,2.

NHGA
Advocate I
Advocate I

Seems to be a global problems since today/yesterday and most likely caused by any kind of Microsoft update in the background. I have added a similar question here before I saw yours:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Date-and-Number-Format-suddenly-US-American-...

Unfortunately it is only non-US-customers that will consider this a problem...

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (1,423)