cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper IV
Helper IV

Dates not not proper in android device

Hello , this is strange and I am not sure where it is going wrong. I have an app which is on mobile. Now when the android users open the app on their phone their date (example 29 Jun 2020) is showing up as 9 Jun 2020  whereas the ios users see it properly. 
I have attached both the images. Please suggest.

Android.jpgios.jpg

7 REPLIES 7
Super User II
Super User II

Hello,

Since both the time sheets are of different cases.

Can you open the same time sheet in both android and iphone to see?

for example one screen show MT-000368 and other is showing MT-000367

I did a check for the same timesheet in both devices Android/IOS and the android device does not show the dates correctly. Any idea  what could be the issue ?

Community Support
Community Support

Hi @P_SA ,

Please share more code on how was the date defined.

I would suggest you to create a label on the screen to show the Date to see if it is a Date issue or Display issue, since I'm more inclined to think this is a display/render error that it only displays right side characters.

If the label shows the correct date in your debugging, try to increase the label width in the gallery to ensure to display the full characters. In addition, try to disable the Explicit Column Selection feature in Preview and all Experimental features.

Hope this helps.

Sik

Hi  , Please see the attached screenshot. I have shown the date value in the label and also the code that displays the date in the label.

m.PNG

Hi @P_SA ,

What's the code to display the day?

What is the data type of PeriodFrom column?

It doesn't seems like a Date type as the Text function doesn't make any influence on it. Could you please elaborate on it?

Sik

Hi, the value is actually  "2020-06-29T12:00:00" , I have minimized the label just to show the day i,e 29. 
the code to display this is  Text(ThisItem.PeriodFrom, "[$-en-US]dd").  
the data type is date in the table

Hi @P_SA ,

Have you tried the suggestion in my first post? Does it work?

Sik

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (45,937)