cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kathiresans
Frequent Visitor

Deadlock issue in MSFlow - Update data from CDS to SQL

I have created a Flow to update the Guid(the unique identifier of CDS entity records) into an SQL Server table From CDS whenever a new record is created in CDS. The flow is working fine If I create records one by one. But If I import multiple records(around 3000 records) from SQL to CDS using Dataflows, then I am getting the below deadlock error in Flows.

"Transaction (Process ID 74) was deadlocked on lock resources with another process and has been chosen as the deadlock victim. Rerun the transaction."

The dataflows refresh the data on a scheduled basis. So, I could not resubmit the failed runs every time.

How to get rid of this deadlock issue? Or Is there any other ways to update the SQL table?

Note: I tried the degree of parallelism(10 records), retry policy. but no use. 

3 REPLIES 3
timl
Super User
Super User

Hi @kathiresans 

If you set the degree of parallelism to 1, does that make a difference? This would run more slowly, but it should also reduce the possibility of deadlocks.

kathiresans
Frequent Visitor

@timl, It reduced the possibility of deadlocks. But running slowly and taking more than an hour for updating 1000 records. So this won't work for me. Is there any other feasible approach that updates the records in an efficient way?

@kathiresans - Off the top of my head, I'm not sure what else to suggest. Hopefully, someone else here might have some ideas?

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Power Apps Community Call Jan. 2022 768x460.png

Power Apps Community Call

Please join us on Wednesday, January 19th, at 8a PDT. Come and learn from our amazing speakers!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,406)