cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marcdb

Decimals and regional settings

Hello,

Today I gave my first try at creating a Power App. Quite a simple one, enter a value in a field, choose an option from the dropdown, then get some numbers (percentage values) from an Excel table an calculate some figures.

I got the functionality working within 2 hours, Power Apps is easy to use. BUT...... I can 't get the decimals to be shown properly on different devices because of different localisation settings. I've already spent 5 hours trying and searching for a solution, but every solution only seem to get the required result on 1 device.

My excel sheet contains percentage values, entered as decimals. I'm The Netherlands and using computer with language EN and decimal sign , (comma). Values are formatted as General/Numbers

Supplier NameAnti DumpingImport DutiesHarbour Handling
Supplier 1000,064
Supplier 20,54900,07
Supplier 3000,012
Supplier 40,56900,012
Supplier 5000,019

So Supplier 2 Anti-Dumping = 54,9%

When showing the values in Power App on a canvas on my computer with this, it's showing fine and output will be 0.549 (with dot)

LookUp(Percentages,'Supplier Name'=Text('dd.Supplier'.Selected.'Supplier Name'),'Anti Dumping')

When I make a calculation it's also fine and will show 1549.0

## 'inp.GoodsValue' = 1000

Round('inp.GoodsValue'*(LookUp(Percentages,'Supplier Name'=Text('dd.Supplier'.Selected.'Supplier Name'),'Anti Dumping')),0)

However when I open the app on my iPhone (Dutch language settings) the numbers that are shown and calculated are wrong:

Showing the lookup value will give me 549000 and the calculation will give me 549000000

This is showing fine on my computer, but not on iphone:

Text(LookUp(Percentages,'Supplier Name'=Text('dd.Supplier'.Selected.'Supplier Name'),'Freight Cost')*100,"##.#"&"%")

To show the value as a percentage for example, I've tried this, but it's jus showing ,%, no digits.

Text(LookUp(Percentages,'Supplier Name'=Text('dd.Supplier'.Selected.'Supplier Name'),'Freight Cost')*100,"##,#"&"%","nl-NL")

We're an international company and I use various languages. How can I make the decimals to be shown/calculated in a uniform way? I've read the help sections for text and value and global app, but so far no solution found, also not here on the board. 

Setting the language to  "nl-NL" or "en-US" part also doesn't make sense to me.  Do I need to set this for every language in our company? Is Power Apps that dumb?

Hope someone can help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-bofeng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @marcdb :

Please try:

Value(LookUp(Percentages,'Supplier Name'=Text('dd.Supplier'.Selected.'Supplier Name'),'Anti Dumping'),"En")

and check if this problem is solved.

Best Regards,

Bof

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-bofeng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @marcdb :

Please try:

Value(LookUp(Percentages,'Supplier Name'=Text('dd.Supplier'.Selected.'Supplier Name'),'Anti Dumping'),"En")

and check if this problem is solved.

Best Regards,

Bof

View solution in original post

marcdb

@v-bofeng-msft Thanks, that solved it. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,521)