cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
venseben
Advocate III
Advocate III

Decimals disappears when publishing app

Hi all. Help is needed urgent!!!!

 

I have build an app with some text fields, that gets data from, a SharePoint list (text fields) and that data is beeing calculated. Works great in edit mode, but as soon as i publish it, the decimals disappears, and the calculations go crazy. Sometimes it works as intended, but other times it seems as if the browser (Chrome, Edge) makes som crazy stuff, and remove the decimals.

 

Here is the fields in edit mode:

EditMode.PNG

 

 

 

 

Here is the fields in published mode:

LiveMode.PNG

 

 

 

 

In the field "Månedsløn" I have tried different solutions:

 

Text(RoundDown(Value(Label16 + LabelLoenFraSP);2))
 Text(Value(Label16 + LabelLoenFraSP);"[$-da-DK]#,##")

 

Both ways seems to work well in edit mode, but as soon as I publish the app the decimals disappears, and the value goes crazy. Can anyone point me in a direction to solve this issue. As mentioned before, sometimes it is correclyt showed after publishing, but then the next time I am using the app, it goes crazy 😫

 

I am from Denmark, but have my PowerApp set to english. My browsers are set to danish. 

 

Greetings from Denmark

/Frank

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@venseben 

There is currently an issue with locale recognition.  In the meantime, try setting your formula to the following:

 Text(Value(Label16 + LabelLoenFraSP);"[$-da-DK]#,##", "da-DK")

To force the locale.

 

I hope this is helpful for you. 

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@venseben 

There is currently an issue with locale recognition.  In the meantime, try setting your formula to the following:

 Text(Value(Label16 + LabelLoenFraSP);"[$-da-DK]#,##", "da-DK")

To force the locale.

 

I hope this is helpful for you. 

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

View solution in original post

@RandyHayes oh man - this have driven me bonkers for the last two days, and then it is as simple as this 🙄. Had I just made this post two days ago. Thank you so much, and have a great day.

 

/Frank

RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@venseben 

Yep...get those questions on the forum before you pull all the hair out!

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes
MikejteITQ
Regular Visitor

Hi @RandyHayes 

 

I have the same issue with the decimal point in a label. I retrieve it from a table. In the canvas, it says 3.14 and in the app, on my phone it says and calculates with 314. I tried to apply the above Local stuff but I don't seem to get the syntax right.

 

Text(Value(LookUp(Tabel2,Licentie = CB_Lic_EP_Dd.Selected.Result, verkoop);"[$-en-US]#,##", "en-US" ))

 

I tried this syntax but it still gives the wrong output

 

Text(Value(LookUp(Tabel2,Licentie = CB_Lic_EP_Dd.Selected.Result, verkoop), "[$-en-US]0,00" ))

 

Please help

 

Mike

 

 

 

 

This is indeed a nasty bug.

RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@MikejteITQ 

First, your formula is syntactically incorrect.  It should be:

  Text(Value(LookUp(Tabel2,Licentie = CB_Lic_EP_Dd.Selected.Result, verkoop));"[$-en-US]#,##", "en-US" )

 

But, if verkoop is a numeric column, then this is all you should need:

  Text(LookUp(Tabel2,Licentie = CB_Lic_EP_Dd.Selected.Result, verkoop);"[$-en-US]#,##", "en-US" )

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

@RandyHayes 

 

THX..this works! I should dive a bit deeper into this syntax knowledge. 

 

More than kind regards,

Mike

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Carousel April Dunnam Updated 768x460.jpg

Urdu Hindi D365 Bootcamp

Dont miss our very own April Dunnam’s The Developer Guide to the Galaxy! Find out what the Power Platform has to offer for the traditional developer.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,567)