cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PowerAppsHori
Helper I
Helper I

Deep Link to Change Gallery Filter On Loading the App

So my app is setup pretty cleanly. Left side is a gallery, right side is a form. The gallery fills the form based on selection. I have deep linking setup where I email a link to a specific selected gallery item. It all works great.

However, here’s my issue. My gallery is filtered by a combo box. It has three options: Active, Completed and Cancelled. The filter defaults to Active to show active tickets in the gallery.

I’d like it so when the deep link URL loads the app, it sees if the ticket loading is active, complete or canceled and auto-select the correct filter and then select the correct item in the gallery. 

Currently, if a ticket is active, my setup works greats. The link loads the app, loads the form and selects the correct item in the gallery. However, if the ticket is complete or canceled, it still loads the ticket information in the form, but the gallery stays showing the active tickets filter list.

Is there a solution to my issue? Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StalinPonnusamy
Community Champion
Community Champion

Update the deep link to

&TicketID=(the Id of selected item)&SelectedValue=(the drop down value)

On App Start

If(
  !isblank(
   Param("SelectedValue")
   ),
   Set(vSelectedValue,Param("SelectedValue")
)

Set the DefaultSelectedItems property to the combo box

Syntax
LookUp(Choices(SPList.SPColumn),Value=vSelectedValue)

Example
LookUp(Choices('Issue tracker'.Priority),Value="Normal")

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
StalinPonnusamy
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @PowerAppsHori 

Looks like, status is not passing to the deep link. Can you share the Item property on the Gallery (in deep link) and deep link? 

The deep link works fine I think. It’s just there’s no logic anywhere to change the filter when you click the deep link from the email. If a ticket has the status of complete, I’d like the app to look for that and then select the correct filter of the gallery drop down .

StalinPonnusamy
Community Champion
Community Champion

Then need to verify the "Default" property on the dropdown. And share the parameter you are passing. We need to use the parameter to set the default dropdown value

Right now I have Default forced to [“Active”] to make that the default choice. Items is Choices([SharePoint source].’Gallery Filter’).

The ‘Gallery Filter’ feeds the drop down the three options of active, complete or canceled.

I’d like to add some logic that says use the selected item’s status, otherwise default to active. Is that possible?

StalinPonnusamy
Community Champion
Community Champion

Yes, default is causing the issue. We need logic to set it up.

For example,

1. Passing parameter https://.....?SelectedStatus=Active

2. Receive the param on App onstart

If(
  !isblank(
   Param("SelectedStatus")
   ),
   Set(vSelectedStatus,Param("SelectedStatus")
)

3. Set the default property on Dropdown

I’ll test this out momentarily and get back to you! One more question, what you provided may solve the issue of the deep link. 

however, the app has a main page where people can select the various pages/screens within the app. If someone comes into the tickets page from the homepage, I’d like it to default the filter to Active. Can I add some code in the button to do that? Right now all the button does it navigate to the ticket page.

StalinPonnusamy
Community Champion
Community Champion

Yes, definitely we can add some conditions to make some default value. Are you using dropdown or combo box? since the code to set default is different.

Example to set the default for combo box

StalinPonnusamy_0-1626840861485.png

Sorry for the dumb questions but not sure what to set as default value. I put the variable in there but that didn’t work. I now have LookUp(SharePoint Source, ‘Gallery Filter’.Value = vSelectedStatus) but that didn’t work. I may also be writing the deep link URL wrong.

right now for the deep link I have &TicketID=(the Id of selected item). Do I just put ?SelectedValue=(the drop down value) after it?

Using Combo Box.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (1,951)