cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
syhrh
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Deep Linking from SharePoint list

Hi, I have this SharePoint list that is a data source for Power Apps.

anonymous21_0-1659690623174.pngRequester is a people column

Whenever an item is added to the list, it will send an email to the approver with the Power Apps web link. I use Power Automate to trigger this.

anonymous21_3-1659690913083.png          anonymous21_2-1659690832994.png

On the first picture, if the user clicks the next arrow, it will display the second picture with the employee's information.

I want that when the approver clicks the link in Outlook, it will direct him to the second picture with the employee's information that is newly created that is based on the ID. How to do this?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @syhrh ,
Please use the below updated URL in your email link:
https://apps.powerapps.com/play/{id}?tenantId={tenantID}&EmpID={ID from flow}&paraScreen=ApprovalScreen
Please don't add {} in the url 

Did you like my post? Please give it a thumbs up! Did I resolve your issue? Please click Accept as Solution to close the topic and so other members of the community can find solutions more easily.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
NandiniBhagya20
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @syhrh ,
You will have to send a link like below in the email to approver where we will have one screen parameter and one ID parameter :
https://apps.powerapps.com/play/{App ID}?paraID=<ID>&paraScreen=<ScreenName>
Then you will have to make below changes in your power app:

1. App On Start property:

Set(varParamID, Value(Param("paraID"))); Set(varParamScreen, Param("paraScreen")); If(varParamScreen = "Screen2", Navigate(Screen2), Navigate(Screen1))
2. item property of edit form:

If(IsBlank(varParamID), Gallery1.Selected, LookUp(ListName, ID = varParamID))

Did you like my post? Please give it a thumbs up! Did I resolve your issue? Please click Accept as Solution to close the topic and so other members of the community can find solutions more easily.

Hi @NandiniBhagya20,

this is in Power Automate flow to send the link

anonymous21_0-1659930108320.png

//App.OnStart
Set(varEmpID, Value(Param("EmpID"))); Set(varParamScreen, Param("paraScreen"));
If(varParamScreen = "ApprovalScreen", Navigate(ApprovalScreen), Navigate(ListScreen));
//Form1.Items
If(IsBlank(varEmpID), varRecord, LookUp(NewSubordinates, ID = varEmpID))
//NextArrow1.Gallery1.OnSelect
Set(varRecord, ThisItem);
Navigate(ApprovalScreen);

When I run the flow and click the link on the email, it directs me to the List Screen (Pending Approval List) instead of the Approval Screen with the Employee's leave request information. Is there something wrong with my formula?

Hi @syhrh ,
Please use the below updated URL in your email link:
https://apps.powerapps.com/play/{id}?tenantId={tenantID}&EmpID={ID from flow}&paraScreen=ApprovalScreen
Please don't add {} in the url 

@NandiniBhagya20 It works. Thank you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
October Events

Mark Your Calendars

So many events that are happening this month - don't miss out!

Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,110)