cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lucius
Frequent Visitor

Deep Linking to Another Screen with Exisiting PowerApps Window

Hello All,

I manage to create a few QR Codes for various screens.

However, if the PowerApps is previously opened due to scanning a QR Code1, it does not bring me to the intended screen by scanning QR Code2 unless I close or exit the existing window. The device that I am using to scan is an IPad. 

May I know is there a way to alter this or this is just the way the PowerApps works?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Lucius :

I think I understand what you mean now.If there is a problem with my description please help me point it out.

• Using the launch function to open another app from one app.
  • Then get the parameters in Link1 and Link2 through the param function.
  • By judging the parameters in Link1 and Link2, navigate to the corresponding screen when the app is opened
  • Your current problem is that after opening a new app, performing the operation again requires closing the already opened page.

If my understanding is correct, then I am afraid this is due to the design of PowerApp.

If you want PowerApps to make adjustments in this regard, I suggest that you can come up with your ideas in the following forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Best Regards,

Bof

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-bofeng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Lucius :

Could you describe the details of your application so that I can help you better

• Are you using the barcode scanner control to scan the QR code?
  • How is the barcode scanner control set?
  • What is "various screens"?It means other screen control or external website?What function are you using?Launch or navigate?
  • If "various screens" means other screens inside the app, are there any barcode controls in these screens?

Best Regards,

Bof

Hi @v-bofeng-msft

Could you describe the details of your application so that I can help you better

• Are you using the barcode scanner control to scan the QR code?
    I am using the usual QR Code Scanner that is built-in with the camera function in the device.
  • How is the barcode scanner control set?
    N.A.
  • What is "various screens"? It means other screen control or external website? What function are you using? Launch or navigate?
    Screen controls. I am using the navigate and param functions in the "OnStart" property of the app. For instance:
    If (
    Param("DeepLink1") = "ContactForm",
    Navigate(Contact);
    Param("DeepLink2") = "IDForm",
    Navigate(ID)
    )
    I am not sure whether does this affects, but each screen control also has their individual "DataSource"
  • If "various screens" means other screens inside the app, are there any barcode controls in these screens?
    Yes. It refers to other screen controls inside the app. There are no barcode controls in these screens though.

Hi @Lucius :

I think I understand what you mean now.If there is a problem with my description please help me point it out.

• Using the launch function to open another app from one app.
  • Then get the parameters in Link1 and Link2 through the param function.
  • By judging the parameters in Link1 and Link2, navigate to the corresponding screen when the app is opened
  • Your current problem is that after opening a new app, performing the operation again requires closing the already opened page.

If my understanding is correct, then I am afraid this is due to the design of PowerApp.

If you want PowerApps to make adjustments in this regard, I suggest that you can come up with your ideas in the following forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Best Regards,

Bof

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,145)