Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jrybachek
Helper I
Helper I

Deep Linking to Record

Hello, 

I am trying to set up deep linking in my Power Apps following the video How to Migrate from App OnStart by Bulb Digital 

I have created an app StartScreen, LoadingScreen with OnVisible property of:

Set(
    isAppLoaded,
    false
);
If(
    IsBlankOrError(Param("ticketID")),
    Set(
        SelectedItemID,
        Value(Param("ticketID"))
    )
);
Set(varItemSelected, true);
Set(
    isAppLoaded,
    true
);

With a timer on the LoadingScreen and an OnTimerEnd property of:

If(varItemSelected,Navigate(OrderFormScreen), Navigate(Screen1));

And for the OrderFormScreen OnVisible property:

If(Not(IsBlank(SelectedItemID)), UpdateContext({varRecord:LookUp(PCSOrders, TicketNumber = SelectedItemID)}))

I have tried to enable the OnStart of the app and I cannot get that to show. Here is the screen I get when trying to load a specific record:

jrybachek_0-1656948351111.png

I appreciate any help you may be able to provide.

14 REPLIES 14
jrybachek
Helper I
Helper I

I made the changes. Passing the item from Screen1 to OrderFormScreen is working again using the varRecord.

I still get the same error when trying to deep link. 

Could it be an issue with TicketNumber being a text field? TicketNumber is the reference field in the Orders SharePoint List.

Again, thank you for all of your input and assistance. I appreciate it greatly.

Hi @jrybachek ,

No ,this is something else - I am actually using the ID as the parameter I send through, which I do on every one of my deep-linked apps and I have never experienced your error. It actually should simply come up as a blank screen if not record is found. As a test. get rid of the Navigation (automatic) and put it on a button on the first screen. See if it lands on that properly and then navigates.

jrybachek
Helper I
Helper I

I created a button on the starting screen, which is LoadingScreen. The button has an OnSelect of below.

Set(gblID, 11111 ); Set(varRecord, Blank());Navigate(OrderFormScreen);

I wanted to set the glbID to an existing record. I also cleared the varRecord because I had tested that and the variable was still stored. I get to the OrderFormScreen but it does not bring in the item.

Also, I tested going to just the loading screen, and the OnTimerEnd did work to route me to Screen1 when not trying to use a deep link.

@jrybachek ,

Try the same thing using the deep link - just put all the code on the Button

If(
   !IsBlankOrError(Param("ticketID")),
   Set(
      gblID,
       LookUp(
          PCSOrders, 
          TicketNumber = Param("ticketID")
       ).ID
    )
);
If(
   gblID > 0,
   Navigate(OrderFormScreen), 
   Navigate(Screen1)
);

and the Form Item

LookUp(
   PCSOrders, 
   ID = gblID
)

I also suggest you get away from using a Variable as the Item of a form - unless you update the Variable  -OnSuccess use

Set(
   varRecord,
   Self.LastSubmit
)

your form will not show the current state of the record. I use the gblID on every form I have and it works perfectly.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Visit my blog Practical Power Apps

jrybachek
Helper I
Helper I

That gave me progress! Thank you! Tomorrow I will have to move stuff around to get it to work without pressing a button, but that worked as expected, for the most part.

Thank you so much for your help

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,697)