cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lucius
Frequent Visitor

Deep Linking with Choices Syntax

Hello everyone,

I have some difficulties with creating a deep link with choices syntax.

From the "List of Choices" image, upon clicking the text label "WC-1" will bring me to a form as shown in the "Form" image. Moreover, the text "WC-1" will be reflected in the equipment box. May I know how do I create a deep link to the 'OMB Status' Form with the "WC-1" or "WC-2" reflected in the equipment box?

The formulae for Text Label under OnSelect in the 'CheckList4' are:
Switch(Checklist4, "WC", Navigate(OMBStatus, None,{WC:"WC1",ColorOMBWC1:ColorOMBWC1}).NewForm(Form34))

The formulae for 'OMBStatus' form under OnVisible are:

If(!Isblank(Param("ID")),Editform(Form39), NewForm(Form39))

The formulae for 'App' section under Onstart are:

If(

Param("Form") = "WC1",

Navigate(OMBStatus)

)

Thank you for the kind assistance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

HI @Lucius ,

So you are coming into the app with an incoming parameter of WC-1 as and as below

If(
   Param("Form") = "WC1",
   Navigate(OMBStatus)
)

you navigate to the OMBStatus screen if present, otherwise to whatever your first screen is.

Your OnSelect (probably should be OnChange if you want it to execute when an item is chosen)

Switch(
   Checklist4, 
   "WC", 
    Navigate(
      OMBStatus, 
      None,
      {
         WC:"WC1",
        ColorOMBWC1:ColorOMBWC1
      }
   ).NewForm(Form34)
)

is a bit confusing - you have a Switch() statement with only one option - WC, which passes a Context Variable WC as WC1, a value you have not mentioned. Your New screen syntax is also a bit odd, but if it works, fine. Then you have OnVisible for the OMBStatus:

If(
   !Isblank(Param("ID")),
   Editform(Form39), 
   NewForm(Form39)
)

Isblank should be IsBlank and there is no (Param("ID")) that you have mentioned.

and your question is May I know how do I create a deep link to the 'OMB Status' Form with the "WC-1" or "WC-2" reflected in the equipment box?

What in all of this is the Equipment Box and how does it relate to all of the above?

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

@Lucius ,

Are you trying to open another app or send a link to this one (you have not shown your URL linking parameters, only the inbound parameter logic).

Hello @WarrenBelz,

I am sending a link to this one. I will be adding &Form=WC1 at the end of the defualt URL. Is this what you are referring to?

HI @Lucius ,

So you are coming into the app with an incoming parameter of WC-1 as and as below

If(
   Param("Form") = "WC1",
   Navigate(OMBStatus)
)

you navigate to the OMBStatus screen if present, otherwise to whatever your first screen is.

Your OnSelect (probably should be OnChange if you want it to execute when an item is chosen)

Switch(
   Checklist4, 
   "WC", 
    Navigate(
      OMBStatus, 
      None,
      {
         WC:"WC1",
        ColorOMBWC1:ColorOMBWC1
      }
   ).NewForm(Form34)
)

is a bit confusing - you have a Switch() statement with only one option - WC, which passes a Context Variable WC as WC1, a value you have not mentioned. Your New screen syntax is also a bit odd, but if it works, fine. Then you have OnVisible for the OMBStatus:

If(
   !Isblank(Param("ID")),
   Editform(Form39), 
   NewForm(Form39)
)

Isblank should be IsBlank and there is no (Param("ID")) that you have mentioned.

and your question is May I know how do I create a deep link to the 'OMB Status' Form with the "WC-1" or "WC-2" reflected in the equipment box?

What in all of this is the Equipment Box and how does it relate to all of the above?

Hi @WarrenBelz ,

I have just managed to solve the issues.

Thank you very much for your hints!

Hi @Lucius 

If my post helped you solve your issue, please consider Accept as solution  This will help others find it more readily.

It also closes the item. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Power Apps Ideas

Changes to Ideas Coming

We are excited to announce a new way to share your ideas for Power Apps!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,437)