cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arakesh04
Frequent Visitor

Deep linking not working in Power Apps

Deep linking not returning the specific record

I have a Sharepoint list which has all the question from a form. The columns are as follows:

arakesh04_0-1645661443195.png

I have created a Power App form as shown below:

arakesh04_1-1645661443201.png

On Click of the Submit button, I have my On Select set to

arakesh04_2-1645661443202.png

In the App settings, for Start Screen I have applied the following

If(!IsBlank(Param("ID")) , Screen1, Screen2)

In the App OnStart setting, the formula is as shown below:

If(

!IsBlank(Param("ID")),

Set(

varItem,

LookUp(

'Ash - Demo',

ID = Value(Param("ID"))

)

);

Set(

varFormMode,

FormMode.Edit

)

)

I copied the Web link for the Power apps form and included the following, but it still doesn’t retrieve the selected record.

<The URL link>&ID=51

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Digital
Super User
Super User

@arakesh04 ,

As Warren explained Microsoft recently changed the way OnStart works for performance reasons. This may be the reason why you're running into problems. The following article explains the rationale behind this change.

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/app-startscreen-a-new-declarative-alternative-to-navigate...

You didn't mention if you are using the Navigate function in your OnStart, but just in case you are, there is a setting that can be turned on to enable this, although this isn't recommened. As Warren suggested, using a screen set as the StartScreen that displays a loader is a good strategy. Use a timer that navigates to your 'real' start screen once everything is loaded.

Screen Shot 2022-02-24 at 16.21.06.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @arakesh04 ,

Welcome to StartScreen . . . it executes before OnStart and therefore your record will not be set when you get there. The easiest way is to put the OnStart code on the OnVisible of your screens (there are other alternatives involving a "splash screen" with a timer to do the lot.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Visit my blog Practical Power Apps

Digital
Super User
Super User

@arakesh04 ,

As Warren explained Microsoft recently changed the way OnStart works for performance reasons. This may be the reason why you're running into problems. The following article explains the rationale behind this change.

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/app-startscreen-a-new-declarative-alternative-to-navigate...

You didn't mention if you are using the Navigate function in your OnStart, but just in case you are, there is a setting that can be turned on to enable this, although this isn't recommened. As Warren suggested, using a screen set as the StartScreen that displays a loader is a good strategy. Use a timer that navigates to your 'real' start screen once everything is loaded.

Screen Shot 2022-02-24 at 16.21.06.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,953)