cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
powerapps890
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Deep linking stuck on getting your data

In my app I have an email sent every time the user submits a form. My problem is that the link opens the app and just says "getting your data" then it never loads. What could be causing this? This is in my onstart: Set(varReqID,Value(Param("TestID"))); If(varReqID <>0, Set(varRecord,LookUp('Submitted Requests', ID = varReqID));Navigate('CR Form')); Then OnSucess of the form has this: "Dear " & varUser & ", <br> <br>Thank you for your request attached is the link for future reference <br>
<a href= ""https://apps.powerapps.com/play/a9a8b83e-187d-4c5a-88c3-90f5a662873f?tenantId=5dbf1add-202a-4b8d-815... Form1.LastSubmit.ID & " ""> Request Link </a><br><br> The email link looks correct it has the correct app link then testID=x at the end of it. I am not sure why this isn't working.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Okay now I think we see the problem. You should match your form Item formula to the parameters on the OnStart property

So now try this:

Retain the Item property of your Form: 

LookUp('Submitted Requests',ID=recID)

Then you need to change your OnStart Code. Try this:

Set(recID,Value(Param("TestID"))); Navigate('CR Form'));

Let me know if this works for you.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Adrian_Celis
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hi @powerapps890 

When you are seeing the "getting your data" message then I am assuming that the problem is from a form.

Try the following to the form:

1) Make sure the form is getting the correct data. You have to make sure that the Item property of your form is your variable varRecord.

2) If it does not work. Try to do the function NewForm(YourFormName) on your app OnStart property.

LookUp('Submitted Requests',ID=recID) - this is my item property 

If I put varRecord it says there is no item to display @Adrian_Celis 

Okay now I think we see the problem. You should match your form Item formula to the parameters on the OnStart property

So now try this:

Retain the Item property of your Form: 

LookUp('Submitted Requests',ID=recID)

Then you need to change your OnStart Code. Try this:

Set(recID,Value(Param("TestID"))); Navigate('CR Form'));

Let me know if this works for you.

View solution in original post

I changed the onstart to this - Set(RecID,Value(Param("TestID"))); If(recID <>0, Set(varRecord,LookUp('Submitted Requests', ID = recID));Navigate('CR Form')); and still got the same issue didn't load when I clicked the email link @Adrian_Celis 

It works now it was just my capitalization @Adrian_Celis  thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,788)