cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Kumar9024021
Level: Powered On

Deep linking technique sends correct URL in email, but navigate to appropriate screen failing.

I am using deep linking technique in Powerapps to pass an ID for specific sharepoint list item in Email, so that when approver clicks on that link in email, it redirects to the approver form directly for that specific item.

1. In NewForm, submit button OnSelect, I included below piece of code

Office365Outlook.SendEmail("abc@abc.com","Your request is submitted for approval","https://web.powerapps.com/apps/xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx?ItemID=" &NewForm.LastSubmit.ID)

2. In NewForm, I included timer control, AutoStart set to true and visible set to False. OnTimerEnd, I included below piece of code

If(Not(IsBlank(Param("ItemId"))),Navigate('Approve Screen', Cover,{ID:LookUp('Datasource',ID = Value(Param("ItemId")))}))

3. In Approve Screen form, Item property, I included below piece of code

First(Filter('Datasource', ID = Value(Param("ItemId"))))

I noticed that after running the app, I receive approval email correctly with expected ItemID something like below

https://web.powerapps.com/apps/xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx?ItemID=49

However, once I click on the URL from the email, it doesn't redirect me to Approve Screen, as highlighted in Step 2.  I can see the URL correctly in the browser with correct ItemID, but doesn't see expected screen and the particular item edit form.

Any technical advice would be helpful. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Deep linking technique sends correct URL in email, but navigate to appropriate screen failing.

@Kumar9024021 

Noticed you kudoed the post.  Did my idea work for you?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

Re: Deep linking technique sends correct URL in email, but navigate to appropriate screen failing.

@Kumar9024021 

Instead of using a timer control I suggest you put this code in the OnStart property of your App.

Set(ItemId, If(!IsBlank(Param("ItemId")),Value(Text(Param("id"),"[$-en-US]0")),Blank()));
If(!IsBlank(ItemId),Navigate('Approve Screen',Cover));

Then use this code in the Item property of your Approve Form

LookUp('Datasource',ID=ItemId)

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Super User
Super User

@Kumar9024021 

Noticed you kudoed the post.  Did my idea work for you?

View solution in original post

Kumar9024021
Level: Powered On

Yep @mdevaney . Thanks a lot.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,653)