cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Deeplink to PowerApps within Teams Tab is Not Working

Hi!

I have been building an application with which users can read, edit, post, delete diaries.

I encountered a problem that cannot be solved on my own.

[Basic Information]
Sharepoint lists are used as Database.
All records have unique ID.
The application is used within Teams tab in a Team's channel.

The application posts an message when a diary is created or edited to a channel.
The message contains a link that is deeplinking to the record created or edited.
Deeplinking specifies a record using LookUp() with the unique ID embedded in the Teams-tab application URL. ("subEntityId")

(*1)(*2)

[Problem]
Everything works fine except one thing: Deeplinking to a specific record is not working properly.

When the link is clicked, the record specified by the unique ID is supposed to be shown.
When the screen is presented, actually I can see the unique ID and some fields are shown correctly.

However, some fields are missing. All fields should be presented or missing at least because LookUp() function is used.

Moreover, when the link is posted because a user edited an existing record, the link leads to a record whose fields are not updated.
This phenomenon seems to make no sense, because the record is read from the DB right at the time when the link is clicked and by that time the database has already been updated.

Does anyone have any idea of what is happening, or tell me what to do.

[Reference]
*1 https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/platform/concepts/build-and-test/deep-links (from Official Documentation)
*2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwrwTAa1ePQ&feature=youtu.be (from April Dunnam)

P.S.
Sorry for unnatural English I guess.......

1 REPLY 1
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @Anonymous ,

Please supply the code (as text) for the deep-link URL as well as your OnStart code capturing this and and subsequent code that interacts with the function (including where it is used) 

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (69,275)